University of Washington Job Vacancy 2018 for Administrative Assistant NGO, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for University of Washington job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
University of Washington Job Vacancy 2018
The UW is one of the world’s preeminent public universities. Our impact on individuals, our region, and the world is profound — whether we are launching young people into a boundless future or confronting the grand challenges of our time through undaunted research and scholarshi. Ranked No. 13 in the world on the 2017 Academic Ranking of World Universities, the UW educates more than 54,000 students annually. We turn ideas into impact and transform lives and our world
Work schedule: Full-time (40 hours per week), Monday through Friday.
Location: Position will be based at the study office in Nairobi, Kenya, with visits to the clinic (Mathare North Health Centre) and laboratory as needed.
Contract Duration: One year with opportunity for extension
Key Responsibilities for the Administrative Assistant Job
- Coordinate submission of materials to the Kenyatta National Hospital Ethics and Research Committee for ethical approval of the study and shipment of samples to international destinations; obtain and distribute approval documents as appropriate.
- Assist with interview and hiring of research staff.
- Organize and maintain paper or electronic files related to study activities.
- Facilitate payment of research staff and sample transport drivers.
- Print consent forms and other paper study materials as needed; ensure materials are delivered to clinic or home visit staff.
- Purchase sample collection supplies and coordinate storage of supplies in study office and/or clinic; communicate with clinic and laboratory staff to ensure consistent availability and distribution of supplies.
- Assist clinic nurse manager with scheduling activities, including but not limited to arranging follow-up with clients and tracing participants who have not returned for scheduled visits.
- Communicate with both clinical staff and transport drivers to coordinate sample transfer from clinic to laboratory.
- Ensure the privacy and confidentiality of study participants and their data.
- Attend meetings with the clinic manager, study coordinator, and/or study leadership team to discuss research activities.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Making the monthly reports of the project expenses and reconciling the receipts of the field advance.
- Liaising with the contracts and grants office in University of Washington Kenya to facilitate the contracts and the Grant management.
- Keeping clear records for all the financial transactions.
Administrative Assistant Job Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration/ Management or Related Field.
- Computer literate Knowledge in Financial systems (CPA or Related Field).
- Experience with Project administration and Management.
- Knowledge in dealing with Budgets and Human Resource. 2 to 3 years work
- Experience in related field.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, and accomplish administrative tasks.
- Strong organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a collaborative team.
- Attention to detail and good work ethic.
- Respectful, punctual, hardworking, and conscientious.
- Responsive to communication with supervisors and team members.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send their CV, Academic certificates and a cover letter detailing why they are the best candidates for the positions, expected salary and include daytime telephone contacts and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is 15th September 2018. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More