United Nations World Food Programme Job Vacancy 2019 for National Logistics Officer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for United Nations World Food Programme Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
United Nations World Food Programme Job Vacancy 2019
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every single day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The National Logistics Officer (Operations) will support the Head of Logistics Operations. The role will require regular travel to Somalia.
This position is open to Kenyan nationals only and based in the Nairobi Liaison Office. Female candidates are particularly and highly encouraged to apply.
- Contribute towards the development of logistics plans and processes in compliance with wider logistics policies and WFP standards;
- Provide technical advice and guidance to WFP staff, partners and governments, building capacity to connect to markets, run food systems and deliver food assistance;
- Support day-to-day operational activities to ensure the effective delivery of food assistance;
- Collect, analyse data and recommend actions to improve performance of local logistics operations;
- Contribute to consolidation and preparation of operational pipeline planning and supply chain management (shipping, port operations). customs clearance readiness, loading and discharging operations and contracting various logistics services;
- Provide technical support and guidance to other functional units as required;
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, including key performance indicators (critical metrics), that enables informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to partners;
- Guide and support staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries;
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance;
- Identify and build positive relationships with logistics colleagues and external partners within the area of assignment to support an integrated approach to food assistance;
- Participate in review of internal processes and procedures and identify ways to increase efficiencies;
- Follow emergency logistics preparedness practices, participate in preparation of Logistics Capacity Assessments (LCA), to ensure WFP can quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources at the onset of the crisis;
- Perform other duties as required.
Education: Advanced University degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Experience: At least one year of postgraduate professional experience in humanitarian logistics operations such as port operations, shipping, warehousing, large scale road/rail transport and distribution.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Professional experience in the field with ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Proven experience in commercial or humanitarian sea and surface transport operations;
- Experience establishing creative partnerships with internal and external partners;
- Knowledge in coordinating procurement and transportation processes with other units/ teams;
- Experience in warehouse and commodity management;
- Proficiency in using various information management systems, databases and software;
- Hands-on relevant experience in the UN or INGOs is desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to United Nations World Food Programme career website on career5.successfactors.eu to apply
- EXPLORE MORE: