United Nations Office Job Vacancy 2018 for Intern – Human Resources Assistant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for United Nations Office Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
United Nations Office Job Vacancy 2018
UNON acts as the key administrative centre of the headquarters of UNEP and UN-Habitat, providing them with comprehensive budget and financial management support, informed human resources and procurement services, and vital safety and security coordination. It also offers a broad menu of essential ‘common services’ to other UN agencies in Kenya, provides sophisticated international conference and information facilities, and maintains a world-class business environment at Gigiri, complete with a host of competitive commercial, cultural and sporting facilities. Today, Nairobi’s UN Gigiri Complex stands as a potent symbol of the United Nations’ commitment to equitable social and economic development, and to breaking the shackles of poverty on the world’s poorest continent.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background; the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the Supervision of Chief, Talent Management Center and delegated Human Resources Assistants, the intern will:
- Assist in conducting HR data analytics.
- Assist in the development of the section dashboards.
- Assist in examining HR process workflows to propose improvement and changes.
- Assist in the development of an online data dissemination platform.
- Assist in research and development of statistical learning models for data analysis.
- Assist in collecting data from multiple resources to review, analyze, compile and store information as well as create standard statistical and other reports.
- Assist in processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Assist in presenting reports using data visualization techniques and communicate results and ideas to key decision makers.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others
- Places team agenda before personal agenda
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view
- Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect
- Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions
- Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems
- Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects
- Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher).
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include the willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Preferred Area Of Studies
- Bachelor or master degree in Information Technology or related area is required. Use of Canva and Prezi presentation software is required.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN Language is desirable.
- Potential candidates will be contacted by hiring manager directly for further consideration.
Your Application For This Internship Must Include
A Completed application (Personal History Profile) through the UN careers Portal. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. In your Personal History Profile (PHP), be sure to include all past
Work Experiences, IT Skills, And Three References.
- Proof of enrollment (click on link to access and attach to your application: http://unon.org/content/internship-programme),
- List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in using, and Explain why you are the best candidate for the internship and what you hope to gain from the internship.
- A certified copy of degree certificate (if you have already graduated).
- Due to a high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
United Nations Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the United Nations, the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the United Nations if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation or sexual abuse, or crimes other than minor traffic offences, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term “sexual exploitation” means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term “sexual abuse” means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The United Nations places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to United Nations career website on careers.un.org to apply
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: