United Nations Jobs 2019 recruitment adverts have been released online. United Nations recruitment 2019, Vacancies, Jobs, Career, Application Form Portal, Requirements and other details are available below.
United Nations Jobs 2019 Recruitment Application has commenced. All Interested Eligible applicants may apply for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. 2019 United Nations Recruitment details like qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form portal, how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on admalic.co.ke obtained from an official source.
Available Job Positions
United Nations is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to fill the existing vacancies.
1. Job Title: Finance and Budget Officer
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN headquarters in Africa and the respective office of the Secretary-General. UNON supports programme implementation of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and the UN Human Settlements Programme UN HABITAT) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information services (www.unon.org). The post is located in Budget and Financial Management Service (BFMS), United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON). Under the direct supervision of the Section or Unit Chief, BFMS, UNON, the incumbent is responsible for any or more of the following duties:
- Provide input to the strategic planning of the organization in line with established frameworks and guidelines;
- Review and analyze data with respect to the finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals in terms of staff and non-staff requirements for regular budget and extra-budgetary resources under UNON Administration;
- Provide substantive support and documentation to relevant intergovernmental and interagency bodies in their review of budget proposals and their revisions;
- Monitor budget implementation and performance and recommend reallocation of funds as necessary;
- Ensure that resources are utilized in line with authorized budgets, the priorities of the organization and the UN financial rules and regulations;
- Review and make appropriate recommendations with respect to the finalization of budget performance reports including analyzing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures;
- Manage the approved staffing table including approving requests for modification of positions and organizational units as well as requests for recruitment and (re)classifications;
- Execute cost recovery in line with established agreements and policies and support on the collection of associated receivables;
- Perform certifying functions of financial transactions as per delegation; 10. Produce periodic and ad hoc reviews and reports and recommendations in relation to the various responsibilities assigned to the Section.
1. Assists in preparation of financial statements for UNEP, UN-Habitat and for UNON for inclusion in the UN Financial Statements to be audited;
- Identifies problem transactions and irregularities in related accounts, resolving them in a timely and effective manner;
- Approves and confirms that financial documents are in accordance with the UN Financial Regulations and Rules;
- Analyses accounts and reviews/evaluates regular financial report at Headquarters, from Offices-away-from-Headquarters for UNEP and UN-Habitat;
- Researches and analyses information needed to respond to internal/external audit queries and observations;
- Advises and guides the clients concerning the United Nations’ Financial Regulations and Rules and Accounting Instructions;
- Reviews and confirms reconciliations and suspense accounts analysis during the year and at year end;
- Participates in the development of accounting policies;
- Analyze and monitor open item managed accounts (OIM) in the ERP system (Umoja) and initiate corrective action; 10. Perform approval functions of financial transactions as per delegation.
Reviews and analyzes various reports and advises management on any operational gaps and make recommendations for corrective action as appropriate;
- Respond to queries and review correspondence in relation to budgetary and financial matters from management, clients (internal and external), auditors and other stakeholders;
- Analyses administrative practices and procedures with the aim of identifying possible areas of improvements in order to enhance effectiveness, efficiency and transparency;
- Ensures that accurate and complete accounting; reporting and internal control systems are functioning ;
- Ensure that all relevant records and audit trails are maintained;
- Supervise one or more professional staff, team leaders and/or teams and provide day-day management and supervision, training and guidance to other staff;
- Provide support to Unit Chief in planning of unit and team staff work plans, monitor and report performance against the plans;
- Knowledge retention and quality assurance focal point for the team;
- Performs other related duties as required.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of financial principles and practices. Ability to independently conduct research and analysis, formulate options and present conclusions and recommendations. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
- TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- PLANNING & ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, finance, or related field, is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Professional qualification from a recognized accountancy body like Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA) / Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) / Certified Public Accountants (CPA) is desirable.
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) is a desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in finance, administration, budget, business administration or related area
- Supervisory experience with performance management is required.
- Experience/knowledge with Enterprise Resource Platform (ERP) systems is required, specifically in the use of SAP/ERP will be highly desirable
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research, analytical and writing skills as well as experience with management and/or donor reporting is desirable specifically using Business Intelligence
- Practical experience with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Grants management will be highly desirable.
- Knowledge and Experience with the IPSAS framework and preparation of Financial Statements is an asset
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in written and oral English is required. Working knowledge of other UN official
- languages is desirable.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview
How to Apply
Note: This is a temporary Job Opening. Appointment against this position is for a duration of 364 days, limited duration and does not carry any expectancy, legal or otherwise, of renewal.
Staff members are subject to the authority of Secretary-General and to assignment by him or her. In this context, all staff are expected to move periodically to new functions in their careers in accordance with established rules and procedures. All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online as soon as possible after the job opening has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the job opening. Online applications will be acknowledged where an email address has been provided. If you do not receive an e-mail acknowledgment within 24 hours of submission, your application may not have been received. In such cases, please resubmit the application.
Things to Note Before Applying:
- We publish on this page, the latest United Nations Jobs updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum United Nations Job requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
|Why Us for United Nations Recruitment 2019 Free Job Alert?|
|We are the one-stop place for United Nations Jobs notification across various sectors and industries within Kenya. We ensure that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent United Nations Jobs 2019 openings across Kenya.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the United Nations Jobs 2019. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: