Unilever Job Vacancy 2018 for Research & Development Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for 2018 Unilever Recruitment. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Unilever Recruitment 2018
We are on a mission to help people eat healthily and to reduce carbon footprint through the power of plants! If you would like to join us, read on!
On Friday 15th December, it was announced that Unilever was to sell the Spreads business to KKR and the transfer of ownership is expected to take place in July 2018. KKR are committed to supporting the business’ growth ambition, whilst continuing to follow Unilever’s responsible sourcing policies, including working towards the goal of sourcing 100 percent sustainable palm oil by 2019.
Your Main Responsibilities: –
- Responsible for the Africa BU R&D team as functional lead and forming part of the Africa BU leadership team.
- First point of contact for R&D in Africa and business partner to the Africa BU leadership.
- Working closely with other functions, as part of a cross-functional team, the job holder will be the R&D leader for Innovation, Renovation, VIPs, Quality improvements, Simplification & Harmonization and USLP projects.
- Responsible for the shaping of the Africa program together with Africa BU leadership to support growth ambition and in partnership with the global teams.
- Ensuring compliance with mandatory policies and relevant local legislation.
- Manage prioritization within the R&D program vs business needs and expectations.
- Responsible for demos and activations relevant to the BU while consistently providing a view on the local competitor landscape
- Engage in claims, risk and stakeholder management at an Africa BU level.
- Establishment and refinement of the processes and interfaces within the newly formed R&D unit, within the BU and with other functions with the aim to establish a way of working.
- Ensure continuous people development, performance management and efficient resource allocation within the Africa R&D team.
- Responsible for the Africa product portfolio and therefore owner of specifications and management thereof within the Africa R&D team to maintain highest quality standards.
- Liaise with raw and packaging material suppliers for new/alternate raw or packaging material development as relevant and in partnership with procurement.
- Together with local QA, is active in complaint Management through monitoring issues and recommending/implementing corrective action and supports Care line.
Skills, experience and qualifications: –
- Tropical spreads technology knowledge/expertise and experience a plus
- Growth mindset
- Team leadership & development
- Influencing skills
- Business Acumen
- Consumer & Customer Focus
- Project Leadership
- Flexibility to work with diverse cultures, personalities and work styles
- Relevant Science Degree (Bachelor or Masters) in Food Science/Technology/Chemistry/Engineering
- Experience in a Foods Environment is key. Minimum 3 years relevant experience.
- Project leadership experience
Your Personal Power! :-
At BCS we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60 countries with the mindset of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the CPG business, ad would like to join us, apply and speak to one of our Talent Matchmakers!
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: