Unilever East Africa Job Vacancy 2018 for Senior Marketing Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for 2018 Unilever East Africa Recruitment. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Unilever East Africa Recruitment 2018
We are on a mission to help people eat healthily and to reduce carbon footprint through the power of plants! If you would like to join us, read on!
On Friday 15th December, it was announced that Unilever was to sell the Spreads business to KKR and the transfer of ownership is expected to take place in July 2018. KKR are committed to supporting the business’ growth ambition, whilst continuing to follow Unilever’s responsible sourcing policies, including working towards the goal of sourcing 100 percent sustainable palm oil by 2019.
Type of individual we are looking for:
We are looking for a dynamic, senior and outstanding all-around marketing professional to join our new standalone business, independent from Unilever.
The role will report directly to the Regional Marketing Director Africa. The Senior Marketing Manager will focus on the end-to-end mix development and deployment of our brands and innovations across the EA & SEA region. The person will be part of the Africa Marketing Leadership Team with two Direct Reports. The individual will be based out of Nairobi, Kenya with travel at times to key countries.
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and resourceful, with a proactive & goal orientated mindset looking to break out from the status-quo. He/she is fully responsible for the marketing function, which is developing as well as Deployment. This includes, but is not limited to, Consumer Insight, Concept-, Product, and Communication Mix Development, Research (which we try to keep to a minimum), Media Buying and development of a strong team.
Your Main Responsibilities: –
- Develop long term category vision, strategy and execution plan.
- Build purposeful brands which are going to be loved by people in your markets.
- Develop and implement brand marketing plans considering local market and consumer insights as well as 12Q plan and full year activity plan.
- Optimizing product assortment to fit market demands and introducing relevant innovations to expand the portfolio.
Skills, experience, and qualifications: –
- High Bias for Action! Mount Everest high!
- Entrepreneurial mind-set! You want to have your own company a couple of years from now! But hack, let’s do this first!
- Proven ability to lead a multi-cultural, multi-country team across different time zones (a 9 to 5 mentality would not work here).
- Proven track-record of managing a total marketing budget. You spend what you need to deliver and not a cent more! You are part of the team that owns the total P&L. Every cent saved, is a cent earned.
- You have a strong preference for working-media over non-working media.
- Strong business acumen and organizational awareness. This means, you know what is going on around you always. You see BS coming from a mile away.
- Relevant experience with managing agency relationships (creative, research, media buying) because we will not hire a dedicated team to do that for you. Sorry.
- Strong understanding of media buying or willing to quickly learn all ins-and-outs (we have no intent of hiring a separate media manager either, nor a CMI manager for that matter, we mean it when we say “end-to-end”). Obviously, you do not need to do the media buying yourself, but you need to be able to determine fact from fiction when your media buying agency is trying to sell you more than what you really need.
- Track record of developing and deploying EFFECTIVE communication assets across all media channels. We want to touch the hearts and minds of our consumers, and we want them to buy our products. That is where you come in. You will be our consumer advocate and marketing rock star!
- You love competitive pressure; you think outside of the box (what box?), you would have been an Olympic Gold Medalist if you were not always working that hard on creating consumer love. Every working hour of every working day. It is what gets you up in the morning! It’s a bit silly really. You are part of a TEAM and you lead a TEAM. And these teams are sacred. They are built on trust and mutual respect. And you respect that!
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications apply now through our recruitment portal on or before 20th April 2018.
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: How to Start a Blog and Make Money Online in Kenya in 2019 (Exclusive Guide)