Unilever East Africa Job Vacancy 2018 for Assistant Marketing Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for 2018 Unilever East Africa Recruitment. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Unilever East Africa Recruitment 2018
We are on a mission to help people eat healthily and to reduce carbon footprint through the power of plants! If you would like to join us, read on!
On Friday 15th December, it was announced that Unilever was to sell the Spreads business to KKR and the transfer of ownership is expected to take place in July 2018. KKR are committed to supporting the business’ growth ambition, whilst continuing to follow Unilever’s responsible sourcing policies, including working towards the goal of sourcing 100 percent sustainable palm oil by 2019.
Your Main Responsibilities: –
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the brand including the consumers, competitors and retail environments within East Africa to identify the JTBD and key growth initiatives.
- Continuously understand ongoing business performance using key diagnostics of share and growth trends, key initiatives, competitive activity and return on marketing investment.
- Responsible for management and analysis of the Brand Promotional plans across all channels.
- Responsible for delivery of penetration KPIs and TO growth including analysis and tracking of all penetration driving activities and optimizing the plan accordingly for improvement.
- Lead 2019 innovation projects and ensure perfect execution
- Ownership of budget monitoring and payment processes.
- Ownership of the East Africa brand plans and performance.
- Ownership of e-commerce, digital and PR activities.
- Team lead, ownership, and tracking of Net Revenue Management activities across the category.
- Leading the growth of our digital platforms with an entrepreneurial mindset to drive digital as a key platform in 2019
- All operation activities such as artworks, payments, meeting and workshop management and coordinating teamwork activities.
- He/ She is also fully responsible for marketing operation work and thereby supporting Africa Marketing Director to coordinate activities in the region.
Skills, experience, and qualifications: –
- Entrepreneurial mind-set! You want to have your own company a couple of years from now! But hack, let’s do this first!
- Proven ability to work with a multi-cultural, multi-country team
- Proven track-record of managing a marketing budget. You spend what you need to deliver and not a cent more! You are part of the team that owns the total P&L. Every cent saved, is a cent earned.
- You have a strong preference for working-media over non-working media.
- Strong business acumen and organisational awareness. This means, you know what is going on around you at all times. You see BS coming from a mile away.
- Relevant experience with managing agency relationships because we will not hire a dedicated team to do that for you. Sorry.
- Strong understanding of media buying or willing to quickly learn all ins-and-outs (we have no intent of hiring a separate media manager either, nor a CMI manager for that matter, we mean it when we say “end-to-end”). Obviously, you do not need to do the media buying yourself, but you need to be able to determine fact from fiction when your media buying agency is trying to sell you more than what you really need.
- Track record of deploying EFFECTIVE communication assets across all media channels. We want to touch the hearts and minds of our consumers, and we want them to buy our products. That is where you come in. You will be our consumer advocate and marketing rock star!
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications apply now through our recruitment portal on or before 20th April 2018.