UNDP Job Vacancy 2019 for Procurement Associate
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for UNDP Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
UNDP Job Vacancy 2019
Under the guidance and supervision of the Administrative Officer, the Procurement Associate ensures execution of transparent and efficient procurement services and processes in the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA ROSEA) Regional Office. The Procurement Associate promotes a client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach in the Unit. The Procurement Associate works in close collaboration with all units in the RO to resolve complex procurement related issues and information exchange.
Summary of Key Functions/Results:
- Ensures implementation of the operational strategies
- Reviews, records and prioritizes purchasing requests
- Ensures implementation of sourcing strategy
- Maintaining relations with vendors
- Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the RO
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Ensures implementation of the operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control.
- RO Procurement business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement and Logistics in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
2) Reviews, records and prioritizes purchasing requests and obtains additional information/documentation as required
- provide assistance to requisitioners in preparing scope of work and specifications of goods and services;
- proposes product substitutions consistent with requirements to achieve cost savings; determines the availability of funding sources.
3) Ensures implementation of sourcing strategy focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Identify and recommend sources of procurement; interview potential suppliers.
- Produces tender documents (e.g. Invitations to Bids, Requests for Proposals and Requests for Quotation) based on the nature of the requirements and cost of procurement involved.
- Prepares abstracts of offers and compile data contained in quotations, proposals and bids to determine which supplier can deliver the required goods/services at the best terms and lowest costs possible with due consideration to quality, delivery time, prompt payment and other discounts, transportation costs, etc.
- Enters into negotiation of terms and conditions of orders under the guidance of Procurement Officers; obtains credit and other information on proposed suppliers.
- Finalizes purchase orders and contracts for approval by the Procurement Officer; may authorize purchases in line with delegated signature authority, and, if required, prepares submission to the Contracts Committee for review and subsequent approval by the authorized official.
4) Maintaining relations with vendors:
- Resolves issues/problems related to delivered goods, including discrepancies between purchase orders and items/quantities shipped or received; prepares and signs Return to Vendor forms for unacceptable and/or damaged goods received.
- Maintains relevant internal databases and files; keeps track of any contractual agreements, direct provisioning contracts, etc. and informs affected users of contractual rights and obligations.
- Researches, retrieves and presents information from a variety of internal and external sources on sources of supply, vendors by commodity, etc., as well as obtain specifications for new products and equipment on the market.
5) Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the RO:
- Drafts a variety of correspondence.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement.
- Supervises, assigns and reviews the work of more junior staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Ability to persuade others to follow
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction Level
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
The ability to acquire goods, services or works from an outside external source
Ability to find, evaluate and engage suppliers of goods and services
Knowledge of strategic sourcing concepts, principles and methods, and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
Knowledge of supplier management concepts, principles and methods, and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
Knowledge of contract management concepts, principles and methods, and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Secondary Education with specialized training in procurement is required. University Degree in Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
Experience: 6 years of progressively responsible administrative experience is required at the national or international level. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.), advance knowledge of automated procurement systems, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Language Requirements: Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: