UNDP Internship 2019 for Projects Management and Reporting
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for UNDP Internship 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
UNDP Internship 2019
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme adopted its second strategic framework (2018-21) in January 2018. The major focus of the SF is to strengthen UNV’s support to members states and the UN system for peace and development through volunteerism. Since 2014, UNV has decentralized its presence by setting up Regional Offices.
The UNV Regional Offices (RO) provide oversight and strategic guidance to the UNV Field Units in their respective geographical assignments and are mainly accountable for the placement of UN Volunteers mobilized for UN Agencies, Funds, and Programme focused on peace, development and humanitarian needs. Furthermore, the Regional Offices represent, and strategically position, UNV and bring UNV’s services and solutions closer to its partners from governments, UN entities, civil society and private sector. The Regional Offices also lead in scoping and delivering UNV’s advisory service offer on volunteer infrastructure.
Further, the UNV Regional Office in Nairobi ensures strategic, focused and high-quality programmatic, partnerships and mobilization efforts to 25 countries in the East and Southern region (ESARO).
The ESARO is keen to provide young professionals with the opportunity to serve and further boast their employability skills through internship opportunities on a regular basis. In this context, the ESARO is currently seeking for a suitably qualified young professional to serve as an Intern in the capacity of Projects Management and Reporting based in Nairobi, Kenya. This position is open to Kenyan nationals and persons who have been accorded legal status to work or study by the host government.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Volunteer Advisory Programme Specialist, the intern shall work with the UNV Regional Office team to perform, inter alia, the following tasks: –
- Provide support to the projects portfolio of ESARO including routine review, collating information and compiling reports on implementation;
- Draft as appropriate analytical reports on Regional trends and the impact of these to UNV supported initiaitives;
- Support to the Plan of Action (PoA) on SDGs and support needed to member states;
- Prepare quarterly project work plans and progress reports, advising and proposing corrective actions, including monitoring and evaluation;
- Carry out reviews and analytical work on UNV’s ongoing support to RECs, member states and UN partners on volunteer infrastructures and synthesize this into reports for strategic decisions;
- Carry out reviews/research in the thematic areas of UNV work in order to inform strategic pathways for the RO’s interventions;
- Map UNDAFs and recommend priority UNDAFs for ESARO to engage using critical entry points in the UNDAF timeline.
- Assist the ESARO team in the organization of key events and communication opportunities, such as major regional conferences, discussions and report launches.
- To coordinate the identification, documentation and sharing of best practices, programme innovations and research reports relating to Volunteerism in the region;
- To produce issue papers/policy briefs on topical subjects from research and programme reports for attention of RO management for use in advocacy work of UNV as well as appropriate action;
- To develop/maintain strategic partnerships & collaboration with partner agencies and other stakeholders for purposes of data and information management and use in volunteering for peace and development.
- Participate in meetings and perform other support tasks as required.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback;
- Works collaboratively with team members by sharing information openly and displaying cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external partners;
- Positive and results-oriented attitude. Results oriented, confident &self-motivated, able to work independently.
- Team player with a collaborative work approach and able to work across cultures/regions.
- Team leadership ability with strong advocacy, networking and negotiation skills.
- Well-developed analytical, strategic and problem-solving and policy analysis skills
- Skills in research, best practice documentation & dissemination and scientific writing.
- Excellent writing and research skills;
- Strong analytical aptitude, communication and presentation skills;
- Good organizational, time management and strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work flexibly and meet tight deadlines;
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently and effectively;
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: