UNDP Internship 2019 for Administrative Support
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for UNDP Internship 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
UNDP Internship 2019
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme adopted its second strategic framework (2018-21) in January 2018. The major focus of the SF is to strengthen UNV’s support to members states and the UN system for peace and development through volunteerism.
Since 2014, UNV has decentralized its presence by setting up Regional Offices.
The UNV Regional Offices (RO) provide oversight and strategic guidance to the UNV Field Units in their respective geographical assignments and are mainly accountable for the placement of UN Volunteers mobilized for UN Agencies, Funds, and Programme focused on peace, development and humanitarian needs.
Furthermore, the Regional Offices represent, and strategically position UNV and; bring UNV’s services and solutions closer to its partners from governments, UN entities, civil society, and the private sector.
The Regional Office in Nairobi also works closely with UNV Kenya, host of the largest number of UN Volunteers globally in a development setting.
As of March 2019, the total number of UN Volunteers assigned to Kenya is 177, with the number rapidly growing.
Further, the UNV Regional Office in Nairobi ensures strategic, focused and high-quality programmatic, partnerships and mobilization efforts to 25 countries in the East and Southern region (ESARO).
UNV ESARO is keen to provide young professionals with the opportunity to serve and further boast their employability skills through internship opportunities on a regular basis.
In this context, UNV ESARO is currently seeking for a suitably qualified young professional to serve as an Intern in the capacity of Administrative Support based in Nairobi, Kenya.
This position is open to Kenyan nationals and persons who have been accorded legal status to work or study by the host government
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the UNV Programme Assistant, the intern shall work with the UNV Regional Office team to provide general administrative support services, inter alia, the following tasks: –
- Support with internal hard and soft information management system ensuring files and records are up-to-date;
- Support in the preparation of arrival documentation for incoming national and international UN Volunteers;
- Support in preparation of supporting documentation for payment of volunteer entitlements for national and international UN Volunteers;
- Support in the preparation of contract extensions and/or renewal documents;
- Support with timely delivery of interview process for to-be recruited UN Volunteers through timely scheduling interviews, drafting and compiling of interview reports;
- Support in planning and coordination of UNV events;
- Support in effective identification of information for sharing with volunteers on upcoming events, forums and symposia;
- Support in the induction process and check out briefing for national and international UN Volunteers;
- Participate in meetings and perform other support tasks as required.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback;
- Works collaboratively with team members by sharing information openly and displaying cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external partners;
- Positive and results-oriented attitude. Results oriented, confident &self-motivated, able to work independently.
- Team player with a collaborative work approach and ability to work across cultures/regions.
- Skills in research, writing, best practice documentation & dissemination.
- Excellent writing and research skills;
- Good organizational, time management and strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work flexibly and meet tight deadlines;
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently and effectively;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English;
- Excellence, timely and punctuality in administrative oversight;
- Knowledge and understanding of Administrative procedures, knowledge of HR principles will be an added advantage;
Development and Operational Effectiveness;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative;
- Willingness to learn and apply new analytical approaches.
Required Skills and Experience
- Be enrolled in a relevant graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher) or;
- Be enrolled in a relevant final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree as defined below and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation
- Field of study related to Office or Administrative Management or related fields.
- Knowledge of Human resources principles is a distinctive advantage.
- Experience in Office and/or administrative environment
- Research and writing;
- Work experience considered as an asset.
- Sound computer skills and experience using the Internet and web based applications and content management systems e.g Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Explorer, etc
Availability and duration:
- Immediate; three to six months.
Conditions of the Internship:
- Interns are considered gratis personnel. They are not staff members;
- Interns are not financially remunerated by UNDP. The costs associated must be borne by the nominating institution, related institution or government, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students; or by the student, who will have to obtain financing for subsistence and make his or her own arrangements for transport, accommodation, etc.
- Working arrangement: The Intern is expected to report for work in UNV Regional Office.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: