UN World Food Programme – Somalia Job Vacancy 2018 for Storekeeper, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for UN World Food Programme Recruitment. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
UN World Food Programme Recruitment 2018
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, nutrition and food assistance for assets creation through the provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates only. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Logistics Officer and the overall supervision of the Head of Area Office, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Receive and dispatch commodities against approved documentation ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities;
- Maintain clean and pest-free storing conditions with good warehousing practices;
- Prepare and maintain warehouse documents, accurate warehouse transaction records to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with WFP systems;
- Perform inspections on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, detect and analyze reasons for stock damages/discrepancies and prepare reports recommending appropriate solutions;
- Conduct accurate inventory checks supporting internal control systems;
- Deliver commodities against approved documentation;
- Prepare reports recommending appropriate solutions for disposal of damaged commodities;
- Supervise and provide on-the-job training to warehouse staff to contribute to their development;
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- Three years of progressive responsible support experience including at least one year in transportation, administration, accounting, statistics or another related field.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.
- Knowledge: Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other WFP standard software packages and systems. General knowledge of UN/WFP policies, rules, regulations and procedures in the area of work.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment using the following link:
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: