UN World Food Programme Recruitment 2017 for IT Business Support Assistant, Application Details
Organizational Background: The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, humanitarian air and logistics services, food coordination and emergency rehabilitation projects and Cash Based Transfers.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates only. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Table of Contents
Duties for the IT Business Support Assistant Job
- Under the direct supervision of Head of Information Technology, the incumbent undertakes the following responsibilities.
- Provide administrative support to IT staff at the Country Office and Area Offices; respond to standard queries and provide timely and accurate guidance.
- Prepare and process confidential information; and assist in the development of office administrative systems and procedures; organize Unit meetings and events; draft minutes and reports and circulate or distribute accordingly.
- Collate information for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondences to support the effective work of colleagues.
- Maintain calendars and schedules including date tracker for IT-related contracts; monitor changes and communicate relevant information to appropriate staff inside and outside the immediate work unit.
- Receive, file, and track invoices; record Service Entry Sheet in the corporate ERP (WINGS) and prepare payment request forms for Head of Unit’s certification; forward invoices to Finance and follow up on payments.
- Liaise with Administration Unit and WFP travel agent to facilitate travel arrangements for the IT Unit staff; request travel advance (Daily Subsistence Allowance [DSA]) and prepare other required travel documentation.
- Liaise and follow-up with United Nations Humanitarian Air Services (UNHAS) to facilitate staff and cargo flight bookings.
- Prepare and track purchase requisitions (PRs) and enter Goods Received Note (GRN) upon receipt of equipment.
- Assist with asset management of ICT equipment received from suppliers, issued to staff or dispatched to various duty stations and confirm the serial numbers to the inventory focal person to update the asset management system accordingly.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or Management.
IT Business Support Assistant Job Qualifications
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- Experience: Three or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement.
- Proficient use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to CLICK HERE to submit online applications through our E-Recruitment portal
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: