UN World Food Programme Job Vacancy 2018 for Logistics Assistant (Vehicle Tracking), Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for 2018 UN World Food Programme Recruitment. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
UN World Food Programme Recruitment 2018
Vacancy Announcement No. 011/2018
Contract type: Service Contract
Post Grade: SC-5
Duty Station: Bossaso
Duration: 1 year (initial)
Date of Issue: 17th April 2018
Closing Date: 30th April 2018
Organizational Background: The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of
WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, nutrition and food assistance for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates only.
Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Logistics Assistant Job:
Under the direct supervision of the National Logistics Officer and overall supervision of the Head of Area Office, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Coordinate the vehicle tracking operations in Bossaso and work closely with the storekeepers;
- Participate in the planning phase of the monthly dispatch as well as the port operations to ensure that vehicle tracking devices have properly utilized an act as the alternate of Bossaso warehouse manager;
- Maintain proper records of asset management and ensure the devices are always charged, activated, functional and ready for set up on the trucks during dispatch both at the warehouse and at the port;
- Monitor the online system and follow up with transporters making sure there are no delays or diversions;
- Assist in the full roll out of the Logistics Vehicle Tracking Project;
- Closely follow up with the transporters in returning the vehicle tracking devices on time and in good condition;
- Ensure the full harmonisation of the project activities and standards in Bossaso office by identifying the gaps and providing the necessary support;
- By accessing the ad hoc vehicle tracking platform, monitor the assets transporting WFP lifesaving cargo, evaluate their movements, analyse the routes, distance travelled and provide relevant feedback to the Logistics Operations Team;
- Participate in monthly transporter performance evaluation with regards to the implementation of the vehicle tracking project operations;
- Share Daily Situation Report with the Logistics Information Officer on the assets moved by Bossaso office, daily activities, challenges, pending requests and planned activities;
- Supported by the Logistics Information Officer, draft daily and weekly vehicle tracking reports highlighting the weekly activities, achievements, challenges and related response;
- Recognize and assess the sensitivity of information obtained;
- Respect the confidential nature of sources of information where relevant;
- Closely monitor the inter-agency cargo movement at the Bossaso Beach Warehouse and maintain/share their updates records accordingly;
- Perform other related tasks as required.
Logistics Assistant Job Qualifications:
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certification in logistics is a must.
- Experience: Four years of progressively responsible support experience in logistics operations and real-time systems management and ICT.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Sound knowledge and use of real-time online tracking systems;
- Demonstrated ability to work with different teams;
- Demonstrated ability to monitor, analyze data and prepare reports;
- Previous experience in emergencies is desirable;
- Hands on experience in UN administrative regulations and policies in the area of work is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to CLICK HERE to submit online applications through our E-Recruitment portal.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: