UN World Food Program Job Vacancies 2018 for Program Assistant
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer (Information Management) and the overall supervision of the Head of Programme, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties: –
- Compile and consolidate weekly programme highlights from all programme technical units and distribute to the appropriate audience;
- Provide data input and assist in the preparation of ad-hoc, weekly, monthly and other narrative reports;
- Attend the weekly management meeting and bi-weekly cash-based transfer working group meeting, take notes and prepare the minutes;
- Act as the alternate focal person and support the Reports Officer in preparing annual SPR and other donor reports. Also collect and compile information from the technical teams, reviewing narratives, entering data in SPRING and responding to queries/comments from the Regional Bureau and Headquarters’;
- Maintain accurate records and updated files for the Information and Reporting section;
- Maintain and update distribution data through a proper tracking system, to ensure consistency and accuracy of beneficiaries’ and MT data reported by the Area Offices;
- Identify gaps and suggest/implement solutions which directly improve the management of Programme Information at Liaison Office level;
- Liaise with field staff in Area Offices, Programme staff and other technical units at the Liaison Office to ensure consistency of information and compliance with established rules and procedures of data compilation and analysis;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Secondary school education, preferably supplemented by courses in a field related to WFP programmatic activities.
- At least four years of progressively responsible support experience in reporting, development, food and humanitarian assistance, food security analysis, environment or other related field. Experience in information management, reporting, data handling, monitoring and evaluation of food security projects in a humanitarian context is desirable.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement.
- Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other WFP standard software packages and systems. General knowledge of UN system administrative policies, rules, regulations and procedures would be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications only according to the following procedures:
- All applications must include an accurately filled in Personal History Form (P11) available at the following link: http://www.unon.org/docs/P11.doc and a cover letter to be sent by e-mail to [email protected]
- Quote the Expression of Interest number, job title and location;
- Hand delivered applications will not be accepted;
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More