UN Women Job Vacancy 2018 for Procurement Associate, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for UN Women Job Vacancy 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
UN Women Job Vacancy 2018
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the overall guidance of the Procurement Specialist in Headquarters and the daily supervision of the Operations Manager, the Procurement Associate ensures execution of transparent and efficient procurement services and processes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations.
The Procurement Associate promotes a client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach and support:
- compliance with UN Women policies and regulations;
- effective systems to support programme delivery and growth;
- accountability to organizational values and principles; and
- an enabling work environment in which staff potential is maximized.
She/he also works in collaboration with operations staff in other UN Agencies, UN Women Country Offices (CO) and Multi-Country Offices (MCO), UN Women Regional Office (RO) and HQ staff and Government officials to successfully deliver procurement services.
Procurement Associate Job Responsibilities
Implement procurement strategies in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and strategies:
- Prepare procurement related reports and analyses; research and draft responses to enquiries for clearance by Operations Manager;
- Coordinate the implementation of corporate procurement management policies and strategies in support of cost saving and operations for the RO and MCO/COs in the region;
- Prepare workplan;
- Contribute inputs to the development of new tools, systems, policies, manuals, templates, and guidelines;
- Provide advice and technical support on Procurement related issues to MCO/COs in the region;
- Follow up with internal and external audits.
Manage procurement processes for the Regional Office:
- Finalize procurement plans for programmes/projects and monitor their implementation;
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and projects equipment, supplies and services in the RO;
- Organize and review procurement processes including the preparation of Request for Quotations (RFQs), Invitation to Bids (ITBs) or Request for Proposals (RFPs) documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, and their preliminary evaluation;
- Perform Buyer role in Atlas; prepare/close Purchase Orders (POs) and contracts in and outside Atlas;
- Organize travel including purchase of tickets, Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) calculation;
- Organize joint procurement processes for the UN agencies in line with the UN reform.
Manage procurement processes for the Regional Office:
- Review/ process contracts for RO;
- Monitor and analyze contract performance;
- Develop and update the rosters of suppliers, and support implementation of supplier selection and evaluation.
Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Develop and support the development of training materials, webinars and other education materials;
- Organize trainings on Procurement;
- Synthesize lessons learnt and best practices.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely coordination, facilitation and implementation of procurement activities based on procurement plans and available budget;
- Timely and quality processing of purchase orders;
- Timely delivery of services by administration team;
- Proper and accurate maintenance of files and databases, documents are easily retrievable;
- Timely organization of transport and logistics activities;
- Timely and quality advice to the RO and COs in the region.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Strong knowledge of procurement processes and systems;
- Ability to provide procurement related support and advice;
- Strong knowledge in the use of spreadsheets and database packages;
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to extract and interpret data;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Strong IT and web-based management skills.
Requirements for the Procurement Associate Job
- Completion of secondary education is required;
- Specialized training in Procurement; or a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration or related field is an asset;
- Procurement Certification from an internationally recognized provider such as CIPS (level 3) is an asset;
- Willingness to take UN Women internal procurement certifications is required.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, administration or related at the national or international level;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems, such as Atlas.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online by 6th August 2018
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: