UMMA University Job Vacancy for ICT Technician, Application Details
Responsible for installing and maintaining computer hardware, software and networks, provide training and recommendations about future planning and development of resources.
ICT Technician Job Responsibilities
- Design and Installations of hardware, softwares and network.
- Connect and set up hardware.
- Operations and Maintenance of ICT infastructure within the University,
- Troubleshoot and resolve all IT issues (Hardware, software and Network).
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouse, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications for the ICT Technician Job
- A Bachelor Degree in IT/Computer Science or Higher National Diploma or equivalent in relevant field.
- At least 3 years’ experience.
- Team building skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills, graphics, website development programs etc at a highly proficient level.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements and interested in joining a team of hardworking staff, please send your resume and application letter clearly marked “ICT TECHNICIAN” to the address below indicating your current gross pay and salary expectation for this position. Provide your daytime telephone contact and contacts of three professional referees by December 15th, 2017.
NB: Only Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Contacted
UMMA University is an equal opportunity employer. Women, marginalized groups and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
The Vice Chancellor,
P.O. Box: 713 – 01100,
Kajiado – Kenya
Email: [email protected]
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: