Ujamaa – Africa Job Vacancy For Research Officer, Application Details
Ujamaa – Africa, is an NGO that promotes economic empowerment, personal security and health for vulnerable women through prevention strategies.
We are continuously conducting groundbreaking research and follow ups, thus far we have demonstrated a dramatic decrease in the prevalence of rape in the area we work in.
Role: We are looking for a Research professional keen to be an integral part of local and international researchers working on research projects and publications in Gender Based Violence Studies in informal urban settlement areas of Nairobi.
Table of Contents
Responsibilities for the Research Officer Job
- Develop study tools on topical issues in VAWG, training manuals and field guides to use for data collection
- Coordinate the recruitment, training and supervision of field team
- Coordinate field work and be responsible for data quality
- Mobilize and sensitize stakeholders about research projects
- Participate in the development of research proposals, with a focus on Violence Prevention
- Lead the process of obtaining ethical approval for research projects (Permits)
- Conduct literature review and participate in writing scientific papers especially on key issues in Gender Based Violence(GBV)
- Carry out policy analysis on specific issues in GBV especially VAWG
- Prepare regular field and project reports
- Participate in dissemination of research findings and policy dialogue with relevant education and/or youth audiences
- Prepare policy briefs and fact sheets from the projects’ findings
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Research Officer Job Qualifications
- A bachelors degree in any of the following areas: Monitoring & Evaluation, Social Statistics, Applied Statistics, Sociology, Development Studies or related disciplines.
- At least 3 years’ post qualification experience, preferably in research or GBV setting
- Knowledge of multiple statistical and/or qualitative software packages such as STATA, SPSS, NVivo or R
- Experience conducting field research and managing research teams
- Experience in engaging policy makers with research evidence
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and Swahili.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, juggle tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Proposal writing development skills
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Proficiency in computer literacy i.e. MS Word, PowerPoint , Excel and Project
- Effective communication skills
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through our recruitment email:[email protected] Applications will be considered until Close of business January 31, 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Cover letters should be addressed to: – The Human Resources Officer, Ujamaa Africa, and P.O Box 18265-00100 Nairobi.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: