Twiga Foods Job Vacancies 2018 FMCG Field Sales Manager, Application Details
Twiga Foods is looking to hire a Field Sales Manager who will be responsible for ensuring that routes in his/ her area meet sales targets, safeguarding all depot assets, leading and managing a sales team and business development.
Twiga Foods is a social impact enterprise founded to build modern markets for Kenya’s urban retailers and rural farmers.
Founded by an experienced team of Kenya –based FMCG experts, economists and agronomists, Twiga was built around a simple notion: through digital marketplaces, you can build efficient logistics, reduce post-harvest loss and pay farmers more while delivering to consumers for less.
The right candidate should be passionate, hardworking, business savvy with a demonstrable entrepreneurial talent, results orientation and a willingness to adapt to different working conditions and areas of working & excited about working in a variable or commission based compensation structure.
Based in the Nairobi and the wider metropolitan area this role reports to the Regional Sales Manager, key responsibilities as follows:
- Achieving sales targets: By ensuring that all routes operating from the appointed depot are visiting the optimum number of vendors, continuously increasing drop size as well as increasing the number of vendors served in their routes.
- Team Management: Providing leadership and guidance to the team of sales representatives working in routes serving his/ her depot by ensuing they understand what their sales targets are, how to go about achievement and the expected reward. In addition, disciplining those in his/her team who are not conducting themselves as per Twiga Foods guidelines.
- Asset Management: Responsible for maintaining in good condition delivery vehicles, depot premises, DMS handsets, crates and other assets as may be allocated to his/her depot.
- Business Development: As an authority on his sales area, advise the business on the fastest selling fresh fruits and vegetables, competitor prices, potential areas for route expansion as well as any operational changes that would positively impact sales in his/her area of operations.
- Relationship Management: Ensuring that vendors in his/her area served by Twiga Foods are satisfied by the quality of fresh fruits and vegetables we offer as well as the Twiga Foods delivery service. This is to be achieved by routinely visiting routes in his/her area to get a pulse of vendor satisfaction levels and addressing any issues that may arise.
- Must have 3 – 5 years’ experience in sales, preferably in the FMCG industry.
- 2 or more years of supervisory/team management experience will be an added advantage.
- A valid certificate of good conduct from the Kenya Police Service.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly both in writing and verbally.
- Proficiency in all applications of Microsoft office suite.
- This role will also work on Saturdays.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: