TWAS-UPM Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme for Developing Countries 2018 – Malaysia
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for TWAS-UPM Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme for Developing Countries 2018 – Malaysia. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
TWAS-UPM Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme for Developing Countries 2018
For young scientists from developing countries (other than Malaysia) who wish to pursue advanced research in the natural sciences at the Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) in Selangor, Malaysia.
Application Deadline: 31st August 2018
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries (other than Malaysia)
To Be Taken At (Country):Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Malaysia
About the Award: TWAS-UPM Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in the departments, institutions and laboratories of the Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) for a minimum period of six (6) months to a maximum period of twelve months and are awarded to young scientists from developing countries (other than Malaysia) to enable them to pursue advanced research in the natural sciences.
The award of the fellowship is subject to obtaining in due course a final offer letter of admission from UPM that must be approved by the UPM University’s Committee. Upon receipt of the UPM-TWAS award letter from TWAS, candidates will need to contact in due course the UPM School of Graduate Studies to apply for the final offer letter. In case the application for the final offer letter of admission is not approved by UPM, this award will become null and void.
Eligibility: Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Malaysia);
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Malaysia or any developed country;
- hold a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
- apply for the fellowship within four (4) years of having obtained a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
- be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Malaysia) and hold a research assignment there;
- Provide an official Acceptance letter. The guideline to obtain the Acceptance letter is available at the School of Graduate Studies, UPM website. The URL link to the website is http://www.sgs.upm.edu.my/content/preliminary_acceptance_letter_application_guideline-30899
- Please note that the applicant must have already identified a potential host supervisor/professor in UPM before sending their request for an acceptance letter to the School of Graduate Studies, UPM.
- The acceptance letter must come from the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies, UPM only (and NOT from any other Head of Department or supervisors at UPM).
- In contacting the Dean of the UPM School of Graduate Studies, the applicants must accompany their request for an acceptance letter with copy of their latest CV, a short write-up of research proposal (maximum 3 pages), a copy of the PhD certificate and the transcripts of each degree qualification starting from the BSc;
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: UPM will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.
Duration of Programme: minimum period of six (6) months and maximum of twelve (12) months
How to Apply: Applicants should submit the acceptance letter (issued by the Dean of the UPM School of Graduate Studies) to TWAS, when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without the acceptance letter, the application will not be considered for selection.
Award Providers: UPM, TWAS
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: