TVET Recruitment 2018 for Policy & Planning Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for TVETA Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
TVETA Recruitment 2018
The Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Education established under the TVET Act of 2013. The mandate of the Authority is to promote quality access, equity and relevance in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) by developing standards, inspecting, registering and licensing trainers, institutions and training programmes.
Grade TVETA 3
Vacancy No. TVETA/13/JUN.2018. Number of Posts: One (1)
Policy & Planning Manager Job Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director Policy and Planning, the Manager, Policy and Planning will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinating Preparation and monitoring implementation of TVETA Performance Contract and workplans including collating of evidence from other departments and ensuring submission of quarterly and annual reports.
- Developing and managing a monitoring and evaluation framework to overseeing effective implementation of the strategic plan.
- Preparing policy memorandum for funding/partnerships and collaboration on projects
- Administering, directing, and reviewing policy and planning programs
- Analyzing government policies, regulations, and legislation to develop new policies and plans or revise existing policies, plans, or programs
- Analyzing statistical data and reports to identify and determine areas of interventions and develop recommendations for improvement of organization’s policies and practices.
- Liaising and consulting with tvet stakeholders on legislative, policy, and planning issues.
- Managing the design and development of tools to assist management in developing and interpreting policies and to guide managers through policy and planning decisions.
Requirements for the Policy & Planning Manager Job
For appointment to this grade, one must have: –
- Served for a cumulative period of at least twelve (12) years in the Public Service, three (3) of which must have been as a Principal Technical Education Officer/Principal Youth Training Officer or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service/Private Sector;
- Bachelor’s degree in Education; OR
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Engineering (Computer, Electrical, Telecommunications, Mechanical, Automotive, Electronics, Construction Plant, Civil, Agricultural, Industrial Technology, Production Technology, Instrumentation and Control); Human Resource Management; Entrepreneurship; Agriculture; Livestock Production; Animal Health; Agricultural Economics; Computer Science; Information Technology; Library and Information Science; Commerce; Communication; Tourism; Hospitality/Hotel Management; Food Technology; Home Economics; Business Administration/Management; Sociology; Economics; Secretarial Studies; Supply Chain Management; Educational Psychological Counseling; and Guidance and Counseling or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Education or Diploma in Technical Education from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Education; Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Automotive, Electronics, Telecommunication, Computer Science, Civil, Construction Plant, Agricultural, Industrial Technology, Production Technology, Instrumentation and Control); Information Systems; Information Technology; Library and Information Science; Information Communication Technology; Disaster Management; Agriculture; Livestock Production; Animal Health; Agricultural Economics; Project Management; Entrepreneurship; Communication; Human Resource; Food Technology; Education; Sociology; Economics; Business Administration; Business Management; Tourism; Supply Chain Management; Guidance and Counseling or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Have attended Strategic Leadership Development Programme course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution; and
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution.
- Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence and administrative capability required for effective performance of duties at this level;
How to Apply
Those fulfilling the requirements of the positions should submit their applications clearly quoting the Vacancy/Position and Vacancy Number on the envelope and application.
The application MUST be accompanied with a detailed C.V stating the current position, work experience, postal address, telephone and email contacts, and copies of all relevant academic and professional certificates (only those stated in the job requirements) and, relevant work testimonials. Further, interested applicants are required to fill the Applicant’s Personal Profile Form. Those making online applications can access the Form via link https://goo.gl/forms/Kg2HrkW50s0iVGk02
Applicants submitting hard copy applications can download and fill the Applicant’s Personal Profile Form from our website. Applicants are also expected to provide email, telephone and postal contacts of three referees. All applications should reach the Director General on or before 29th June 2018 at 5.00 pm. Applications should be addressed to:
The Director General
P.O Box 35625- 00100
Forward the applications via email address: [email protected]
Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any fee on job applicants. Male and female potential candidates living with a disability are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Applicants who will be invited for interview will be expected to produce valid copies of clearance certificates from the following organizations when they appear for interview in fulfillment of the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution.
Valid tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Valid Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) clearance certificate;
Valid self-declaration forms from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission specific to this advertisement;
Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) issued not more than one year ago from the date of this advert;
Valid Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) clearance.
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More