Tuskys Kenya Job Vacancy 2018 for Supply Chain, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Tuskys Kenya Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Tuskys Kenya Job Vacancy 2018
Tuskys, the leading retailer in Kenya has adopted remains to be a very strategic player in the market. It has experienced significant growth over the last few years, leading to many opportunities coming up.
Purpose: Developing a winning supply chain strategy based on just-in-time purchasing and distribution.
The job holder will be responsible for logistics planning and arrangements facilitating efficient procurement, transportation, storage and Distribution of supplies from the Main Distribution Centre and various suppliers to all company outlets.
Supply Chain Job Responsibilities
- Plan, organize and coordinate supply chain processes for the company such as purchasing, storage and logistics with the responsibility for ensuring the execution of all company rules, policies, procedures and programs in support of the goals and objectives established to avoid costly delays and lost sales opportunities.
- Review monthly sales forecasts for the business and lay down framework of logistics required to avail the right mix of merchandize to all outlets.
- Develop a system based dashboard for information sharing between the central warehouse, branches and operations department.
- Coordinate budgetary planning in relation to supply and logistics and negotiate improved pricing, product quality and delivery times.
- Oversee optimum monitoring of key supplier accounts to ensure sustainable credit levels, optimum stock holding and sound business relationship.
- Negotiate quantity discounts, rebates and offer on behalf of the business. Ensure proper management and handling of promotional items/products including crafting and implementation of policy for excess promotional stocks.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive policy on reverse logistics. Ensure incorporation and implementation of Warranty Tracking System, for management of customer returns to suppliers via the company’s mainstream supply path.
- Ensure that products are priced in line with prevailing industry prices; negotiate margins in line with pre-determined category requirements for the business; draw agreements with suppliers on handling of excess stocks, short expiries and damages.
- Formulate isolated handling model for non-inventory items, consignment stocks, merchandize meant for production/fresh. Ensure proper accounting of all these classes of stocks, formulate logistics for the same.
- Maintain stock holding and distribution costs at minimum. Develop efficient and effective ways of utilizing available trucks, warehouse space and labour.
- Coordinate dissemination of services of assigned subcontractors and movements of materials/products to/from these subcontractors.
- Provide guidance on product delisting, discontinuation and regular supplier performance review.
- Anticipate through research possible supply shocks for crucial commodities and advise the business on timely basis. Develop back up distribution plans for peak seasons.
Qualifications for the Supply Chain Job
- A University degree in procurement and Supplies Management
- A Master’s in Supplies/procurement will be an added advantage.
- Must be a member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (ISM).
- At least 8 years’ experience in supplies management three of which MUST be in a senior management level.
- Must be well versed with dynamics of the retail industry.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; send your Application (CV and Cover letter) to Recruitment-Enquiry@tuskys.com Quote the position on the email subject. Application deadline is Wednesday, October 31st, 2018, at 5:00 pm. Late applications will not be considered.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: