Turkana County Recruitment 2018 for Gender Officer (7 Posts), Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Turkana County Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Turkana County Recruitment 2018
Job Group “J”
Terms of service: Permanent and pensionable
Gender Officer Job Responsibilities
- Collecting data on Gender mainstreaming, socio-economic empowerment, Female Genital Mutilation and Sexual and Gender-Based Violence programmes and projects;
- Handling logistics issues relating to the administration of training programmes on gender mainstreaming, social economic empowerment, Female Genital Mutilation and Sexual and Gender-Based Violence; and
- Counselling victims of Gender-Based Violence.
Requirements for the Gender Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Gender Studies, Gender and Development, Sociology, Business Administration (Finance/Entrepreneurship Option), anthropology or any other relevant social science from a university recognized in Kenya.
- Certificate in Computer application skills from a recognized institution
- Three years of experience in the field, one (1) of which must be at a mid-level
- Managerial position in gender affairs in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
How to Apply
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
The Secretary, Turkana County Public Service Board, P.O. BOX 05 – 30500 Lodwar
Delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: