Turkana Basin Institute Job Vacancy 2018 for Human Resource Manager, Community Development Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Turkana Basin Institute Job Vacancy 2018Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Turkana Basin Institute Job Vacancy 2018
Turkana Basin Institute is an independent, international research institute, which facilitates scientific research in the Turkana Basin, with particular emphasis on prehistory.
The institution is looking to fill the following positions:
Human Resource Manager
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience10 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Human Resources / HR
An experienced, high energy, high capacity, and achievement-oriented Human Resource Manager.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for the efficient and progressive establishment and formalization of the Human Resource department through a wide variety of functions which include strategic planning, supervising and providing consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, recruitment, compensation, benefits, training and development, budget, labor relations and HR administration.
- Establishing a fully functioning and professionally run HR department
- Preparing the Human Resource budget and strategic plan; estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances and ensuring their execution
- Ensuring adherence and understanding of the Human Resource Policies by all staff
- Providing guidance in assessing organizational structures and implementing structural changes
- Supporting, implementing and administering the effective and timely recruitment processes in the hiring, on boarding, developing and retaining the best talents available to support the strategic human resources needs of the organization and ensuring that TBI’s human resource targets are met
- Developing, maintaining and updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintaining optimal staff numbers and ensuring high quality staffing by establishing a recruitment and selection program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; and recommending changes.
- Designing and leading the development of compensation and benefits systems: scheduling periodic salary surveys and job evaluations; preparing salary budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual salary actions; recommending, planning, and implementing salary structure revisions.
- Developing and monitoring of a performance management system, training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Liaising with employer and employee agencies; Labour office and FKE to ensure fair and equal treatment of staff and management
- Ensuring legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource requirements.
- Driving and instilling a team approach among staff towards accomplishing the TBI mission as well as managing, coaching, inspiring, and growing the team
- Leading selected change management initiatives
- Any other duties relating to the function
Required Skills & Experience
- Ability to build a Human Resources department from scratch
- Professional qualification in human resource management (CHRP, HND)
- Be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Social Sciences or related field.
- A minimum of ten years of progressive experience with at least seven of those in Senior management in a high performing, busy environment
- Knowledge and experience with best practices in people operations.
- Emotional intelligence, flexible work style, excellent diplomatic skills across all levels of the organization with the ability to inspire others to achieve a common objective
- Unfailing attention to detail
- High degree of integrity and dependability
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team
- Willingness to travel and spend time in the stations
Community Development Manager
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience6 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
A passionate and results oriented Community Development Manager.
This position will be based at the TBI Nairobi Office with some time spent at the TBI campuses on the east and west sides of Lake Turkana.
This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible for running the institution’s community development programs
- Educate the public at large about the TBI CSR initiatives
- Develop and implement the strategy for fundraising and resource mobilization;
- Donor Engagement to fundraise for the various projects, including new projects and through various methods which include online funding options
- Engage in needs assessment for project proposal and develop the project proposals as necessary
- Community outreach in Turkwel and Ileret
- Develop and strengthen the community programs including the Bursary program and Volunteer Teacher Support Program
- Oversee the selection and development of the Bursary program with the relevant communities, research projects and committees
- Liaise with the local counties to keep them informed and ensure engagement and support for the TBI projects
- Compile monthly reports on TBIs community activities
- Revive the quarterly newsletter and provide local press articles
- Develop leaflets/ posters for educational visits as well as outreach brochures
- All other related assigned tasks
Required Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in community development or any other related social science
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- A Minimum of 6 years of work experience in community development/ CSR Work, with at least 4 years in a management role.
- Proven project management skills
- Proven fund raising/ resource mobilization skills
- Excellent Communication skills, written & spoken
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong relationship builder
- Demonstrates passion & integrity.
- Willingness to travel and spend time in the field
- Those who previously applied for the Community Development Management position need not reapply.
- Prospective applicants need to provide the following documents:
- A detailed CV/Resume that highlights experience and qualifications as outlined above and indicating the expected gross salary
- Three signed letters of reference/recommendation, including full contacts of the referees.
How to Apply
Please email applications to email@example.com by 10th December 2018.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: