Tulaa Job Vacancy 2018 for Director, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Tulaa Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Tulaa Job Vacancy 2018
Tulaa is a pioneering agriculture services company, which launched in Kenya in 2017. The company provides end-to-end services that enable farmers to find markets for their crops, from inputs to information to finance. The company has built a mobile commerce solution built for rural Africa. They combine mobile technology and last mile agent networks to connect agri-input suppliers, financial service providers and commodity buyers to smallholder farmers. Their aim is to lower the cost and risk to do business with farmers.
Tulaa is building on its existing approach to include the provision of financial credit to farmers, to facilitate the adoption of its products and services. The company is setting up a new Credit division of the business to make that happen and is looking for a Director of Credit to lead that division. Learn more here: www.tulaa.io
Unique opportunity to take on a leadership role at a pioneering startup ** Develop and deliver the credit strategy and policies ** Accelerate access to credit and markets for smallholder farmers ** Harness technology to help empower smallholder farmers to improve incomes ** Build and manage a team ** Live in Nairobi.
About the role
This is a rare opportunity for an entrepreneurial leader to build a credit division of a fast-growing organisation from scratch. The role will be hands-on and multi-disciplinary, where you will need to build a deep understanding of smallholder farmers and create credit policies and processes to enable Tulaa to lend responsibly to a selection of its customers, and develop the strategy to scale up that division. Reporting directly to the Tulaa founder, you will draw on your financial expertise and experience working with un-banked customer segments, and play a key role in driving social impact at scale.
- Develop and deliver the credit strategy and policies:
- Utilise best practice from other industries and experiences to enable Tulaa to build best-in-class credit performance.
- Recommend initiatives to address any performance gaps.
- Develop the strategy to scale up the credit division in a carefully managed way
- Manage credit performance:
- Establish metrics to monitor credit performance.
- Optimise the collections process.
- Prepare quarterly and monthly credit reports and build customer credit “scorecards”.
- Analyse both quantitative and qualitative data to inform credit policy.
- Manage and develop the team:
- Build, manage, and develop a team of credit professionals to support the growth of the credit division.
Does this sound like you?
- Strong track record of leadership in consumer credit:
- Experienced in financial analysis and consumer data analysis.
- A track record of achievement in developing and managing consumer credit solutions.
- A proven ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Technical proficiency:
- Ability to leverage data to drive credit-related recommendations.
- Ability to analyse large amounts of credit-related data and draw actionable conclusions.
- Strong experience working in organisations that serve un-banked customers.
- Team management and culture fit:
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and challenge the status quo.
- Experience working in East Africa or other emerging markets.
- A motivation to generate social impact in addition to commercial results.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Tulaa career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: