TSC Job Vacancy 2018 for Assistant Deputy Director, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for TSC Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
TSC Job Vacancy 2018
Reporting to Deputy Director, this position is responsible for the provision of teacher management general administrative support, customer care, and data management in the public institutions and TSC at the Headquarters, County and sub-County offices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervision of the TSC staff and teachers.
- Ensure all heads of institutions and teachers sign the performance contract and appraisal at the beginning of the year.
- Monitor staff and teachers’ performance and ensure setting of performance targets and signing of the appraisal forms.
- Evaluate the understanding of teachers on the code of regulations, other education policies and enforce compliance.
- Manage customer care matters and compile reports on customer queries to document employees’ and clients’ points of concern that may inform policy direction.
- Compile complaints report on matters affecting teachers and forward the report for action.
- Coordinate with field officers and heads of institutions that proper data and information are maintained for teacher management functions for easy references and retrieval.
- Establish and maintain staffing data in institutions and advice on recruitments, transfers, and deployment.
- Sensitize teachers/staff on Code of Regulations, Code of Conduct and Ethics, other regulations for the maintenance of employees’ discipline.
- Provide leadership in mentoring and coaching of staff.
- Provide input into the preparation of the Service area’s annual budget.
- Master’s Degree in Education from a recognized university.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or BA/BSc with PGDE from a recognized university.
- Must have served in TSC scale 10, D3, D4 or an equivalent position for a minimum of three (3) years.
- TSC secretariat staff must have served in TSC scale 10 or an equivalent position for a minimum of three (3) years.
- Teachers must have served in former Job Groups N and P (current D3) or an equivalent position for a minimum of three (3) years.
- Knowledge in relevant legislation in education, labor laws, and trends in Education.
- Knowledge in relevant teaching professional standards and ethics.
- Demonstrate Leadership, Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Shown merit in Job performance
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
- Basic Salary: 111,446 – 138,248
- House Allowance: 16,800 – 45,000
- Commuter Allowance: 12,000
- Leave Allowance: 10,000(pa)
- Medical Cover: Comprehensive Medical Scheme
This Position will Close on 21-11-2018
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: