Trocaire Job Vacancy 2018 for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Trocaire Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Trocaire Job Vacancy 2018
Trócaire is an Irish development agency that was established in 1973 by the Catholic Bishops of Ireland. Trócaire’s work is inspired by Catholic Social teachings, with an overarching commitment to social justice. Trócaire works in 11 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East, working through local partner organizations to deliver programs on issues relating to: Accountable Governance and Human Rights; Natural Resource Use and Resource Rights; Women’s Empowerment; and Humanitarian Preparedness and Response.
Trócaire has been working in Kenya for over 30 years and established an office in Nairobi in 1994. We collaborate with over 20 local NGOs to deliver our Country Strategic Plan.
OSA-Ishiara parish in partnership with Trócaire is implementing a community resilience and climate change adaptation with funding from Department for International Development (DFID) and a water for food security project (funded by Misean Carthat mainly aims at improving the food and economic security through provision of water for small holder irrigation and community capacity building on climate sensitive agriculture to community members
Order of Saint Augustine(OSIshiara parish development office wishes to advertise for the posts of Monitoring and evaluation officer.
Background: OSA-Ishiara parish Project office is a church based organization in Catholic Diocese of Embu working with the vulnerable community of Mbeere north sub county and particularly Evurore ward covering mainly the four locations namely:- Ishiara, Ndurumori, Kamarandi and Iriatune.
Job purpose: The incumbent will be responsible for data collection, analysis, and tracking project performance as well reporting for several projects. He/she will also ensure quality implementation throughout the project cycle.
- Planning and Design
- Design the monitoring and evaluation tools and systems
- Design and development of logical frameworks
- Participate in project planning process including:
- Develop data storage and protection systems.
- Develop risk matrices
- Risk management and ensuring value for money
- Programme quality management,
- Data Management
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation
- Facilitate data collection exercises, Guide other programme staff on data capture and management.
- Monitor the Performance Management Plans (PMP) for the project and provide key information to management for planning/decision making
- Participate in the design, data collection and analysis of surveys and routine data
- Conduct data analysis exercises
- Facilitate utilization of data for decision making and documentation of best practices/lessons learnt.
- Act as custodian pf programme data
- Evaluation, and Reporting
- Participate in the development of the evaluation design, tools, protocols and procedures for the project.
- Generate reports in compliance with the organizations and donor procedures and agreements.
- In accordance with donor requirements, create or maintain procedures for capturing and publishing monthly, quarterly and annual project technical reports.
- Review and provide feedback to reports by affiliates
- Identify opportunities for operations research during implementation
- Prepare M&E reports and timely submission to the Programme coordinator and Manager
- Ensure data quality through conducting quarterly DQA/RDQA and reporting
- Resource Mobilization
- Take part in resource mobilization through participation in proposal development with other program staff.
- Design, implement and evaluate projects with an aspect of resource mobilization
- Develop M&E systems during proposal development
- Staff capacity development
- Facilitate M&E trainings for other programme staff
- Support staff in developing M&E tools
- Support other staff in development of programme reports
- Bachelor’s degree in statistical sciences or related course with strong experience on M&E is desired.
- Training in; Agriculture, Environment, Natural Resource Management, Nutrition or related
- M&E Training from a recognized institution is mandatory.
- Professional training in Project Management will be an added advantage.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 4 years’ relevant experience in specific M&E related work experience in the humanitarian/ livelihood/health sector (HIV/AIDS or SRH), economic empowerment, education and leadership and governance.
- Ability to analyze and utilize program development data in designing project.
- Experience in working with multiple donors.
- Competence in qualitative and quantitative study design and implementation as demonstrated in the samples of previous work.
- Experience in developing and coordinating data collection, processing and analysis systems.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Familiarity with principals and contemporary approaches to M&E using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Excellent command of computers and statistical software, especially experience with MS word, Access, Excel, SPSS or STATA is added advantage.
- Able to priorities work, multi task and meet deadlines.
- Strong IT, analytical skills and attention.
How to Apply
Applications coupled with detailed Curriculum Vitae, relevant certificates and testimonials should reach the undersigned on or before the November 9, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PROJECT MANAGER, OSA-ISHIARA PARISH PROJECT OFFICE, P O BOX 2-60102, ISHIARA
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: