Trees for the Future Job Vacancy 2018 for Assistant Technician, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Trees for the Future job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Trees for the Future Job Vacancy 2018
A Trees for the Future (TREES) Assistant Technician (AT) is responsible for aiding in the successful management and implementation of a Forest Garden Project. The AT will work closely with Farmer Groups and individual project farmers, spread out among numerous sub counties within Homabay County.
S/he is responsible for: helping to coordinate and manage all project activities; liaising with Lead Farmers of each Farmer Group to schedule and facilitate implementation of project activities; Arranging distribution of project tools, planting materials, etc.; organizing and helping to conduct all training activities; and visiting farmers’ Forest Garden sites regularly to provide technical support and to conduct data collection and evaluation.
Assistant Technician Job Responsibilities
- Identify and mobilize Farmer Groups and Lead Farmers for participation in the Project;
- Develop project plans for all participating Farmer Groups that account for all Project activities, material acquisition and distribution, training events, monitoring & evaluation, reporting etc., and effectively manages all activities in accordance with the schedule and Project budget;
- Organize and execute training events pursuant to TREES training program design;
- Communicate with Lead Farmers and participating farmers regularly to organize and accomplish training and extension activities, provide technical support, and collect M&E data;
- Mentor participants and Lead Farmers, through training and regular follow-up support, on TREES technical/best practices;
- Ensure timely data collection and report submissions on all program activities, per TREES reporting requirements and deadlines;
- Manage Project finances according to Project budget;
- Ensure that the Project effectively and efficiently meets milestones and goals per the project scope, timeline, and budget;
- Assist with the development and/or translation of locally appropriate training materials;
- Provides information and accomplish additional tasks in a timely manner as requested by the Lead Technician.
Qualifications for the Assistant Technician Job
- Associate’s degree or equivalent, or certificate in relevant field (e.g. agroforestry, forestry, agriculture, etc), OR a minimum of three years of demonstrated degree of achievement in agriculture, preferably in agroforestry and sustainable agriculture (e.g. through demonstrated success and innovation in gardening, forestry, or agroforestry)
- Two years’ experience with field project management
- Demonstrated experience with participatory training facilitation
- Able to be stationed in the appropriate base of the Project site for the duration of the Project
- A valid motorcycle license with a history of safe motorcycle operation (preferable) OR an ability and willingness to potentially take courses and obtain a motorcycle license
- Fluency in spoken and written English and preferably the local language(s)
- Basic computer and smart phone utilization skills
- Committed leader and team player
- Focused, disciplined, and determined
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Innovative and collaborative
- Open to new ideas
- Patient and flexible
- Able to effectively manage multiple project leaders and participants.
How to Apply
Send applications and CVs to [email protected] not later than
12th October, 2018. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: