Transparency International Recruitment 2018 for Quality Assurance Executive, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Transparency International Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Transparency International Recruitment 2018
Transparency International – Kenya (TI-Kenya) is a not-for-profit organization that aims to promote a transparent and corruption free Kenya and good governance and social justice initiatives. TI-Kenya is part of the Transparency International global movement that is a non-partisan coalition of individuals with a shared vision of a corruption free world. It is an autonomous Chapter in the Transparency International movement, with which we share knowledge and exchange ideas for the greater good of Kenya and the world at large.
Quality Assurance Executive
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Department: Institutional Development
Reports to: Institutional Development Manager
Duty Station: Nairobi with travel to various business destinations
Under the supervision of the Institutional Development Manager, the Quality Assurance Executive will be responsible for setting standards, monitoring, evaluating & auditing the organizational overall performance. They will identify gaps in gathered/received/researched information and make recommendations for necessary action. They will also plan, direct or coordinate quality assurance programs and formulate quality control policies to ensure that products and services meet high standards of quality. The role will also ensure that external quality standards are met vis-à-vis agreed targets.
The Quality Assurance Executive will devise and establish TI-Kenya’s quality procedures, standards and specifications on services offered. These include Trainings & Consultancies, Certification, Research and surveys, Public speaking and lectures, Corruption databases, Anti-corruption Applications, publications & ICT Platforms. He/she will be responsible for inspecting procedures and outputs and identifying mistakes or non-conformity issues.
More specifically, the Quality Assurance Executive will perform the below tasks:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviewing the M&E System
- Conduct and coordinate reviews of:
- an institutional M&E plan incorporating objectives, procedures and tools and
- a Logical Framework matrix providing performance and impact indicators and corresponding means of verification
- In collaboration with stakeholders, develop an overall framework for annual reviews, participatory impact assessments, process and operations monitoring, and lessons-learned
- Guide the process for identifying and designing the key indicators for each component to record and report progress against the Strategic and Annual Action Plans.
- Clarify core information needs and put mechanisms to meet them.
- Review the quality of existing social and economic data in the programme/project areas, methods of collection and provide a baseline for impact evaluation.
- Recruit, guide and supervise Organisations that are contracted to implement special surveys and studies required for evaluating effects and impacts ensuring that all contracts include specifications for internal monitoring, reporting and penalties.
- Conduct and coordinate reviews of:
- Implementation of M&E
- Oversee and execute M&E activities included in the Annual Work Plan, with particular focus on results and impacts as well as in lesson learning. In particular:
- Based on the Strategic and Annual Action Plans, design a framework for the physical and process monitoring of activities with emphasis on impact.
- Guide and coordinate timely preparation and submission of progress reports in accordance with approved reporting formats.
- Analyse reports for impact evaluation. Prepare consolidated reports highlighting: problems and actions needed; potential bottlenecks; specific recommendations
- Identify needs and draw up TORs for specific studies;
- Capacity Building/Lessons learned
- Develop a plan for capacity-bilding on M&E and any required IT support.
- Consolidating a culture of lessons learned by allocating staff specific responsibilities
- Prepare reports on M&E findings
- Guide the regular sharing of M&E findings with primary stakeholders.
- Facilitate access to M&E data for the relevant stakeholders.
- Resource Mobilisation/Budget Management and Reporting
- Developing resourcing strategies that effectively respond to long-term and short-term programme and Organisational objectives.
- Narrative and financial reporting internally, to donors, to governments and to partners.
- Quality of Products
- Set customer service standards, conduct market analysis on customer requirements and ensure that these are met
- Supervise the service providers at various levels of production and provide them with documented quality standards as guidelines to ensure high standards of the products.
- Determine and negotiate on production of consistent quality merchandise based on set standards and specifications
- Specify quality requirements of merchandise with suppliers to ensure TI-Kenya’s merchandise is procured to meet recognized standards and relevant.
- Review merchandise, evaluate product field performance and reliability, and recommend corrective and recommend changes to production processes or quality controls to eliminate the problems.
- Meet quality assurance financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; quality assurance plans
- Studying trends in and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues
- Quality of Services
- Implement and monitor programs that ensure continuous quality.
- Devise and establish quality procedures, standards and specifications on services offered.
- Ensure all legal standards are met and compliance with quality and industry regulations
- Monitor performance by gathering relevant data, producing statistical reports and make suggestions for changes and improvements on how to implement them
- Work with other staff to determine and establish procedures and quality standards and to monitor these against agreed targets.
- Establish and maintain effective Quality Assurance functions in compliance with national and international regulations and standards.
- Draft quality assurance policies and procedures and interpret quality assurance standards
- Review the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Qualification
- A graduate degree in information or a management related field or a relevant social science discipline.
- Relevant certification in the field will be an advantage
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements
- Process improvement, analyzing information, strategic planning, quality engineering, emphasizing excellence,
- Familiar with anti-corruption and good governance issues in Kenya and East Africa
- Demonstrated understanding of the project cycle management
- Strong knowledge of M & E methodology and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory); quality assurance.
- The logical framework approach and other strategic planning approaches;
- A good understanding of the balanced score-card approach.
- Training in M&E development and implementation;
- Facilitating learning-oriented analysis sessions of M&E data with multiple stakeholders;
- Report writing.
- 3 years of practical experience in monitoring and evaluation in the East African region
- Demonstrated experience in data collection, analysis and synthesis and preparation of strategic information for decision makers
- Proven track record of successful experience in writing reports and reviews, delivering presentation and defending recommendations
- Experience in working in multi-cultural environment
- A solid understanding of the environment in which TI-Kenya operates; commitment to and understanding of TI-Kenya’s mission, vision and objectives
- Familiarity with processes of organizational development.
- Willing to undertake regular field and other external visits and interact with different stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly organised and detail oriented; able to prioritize and produce work of a consistently high standard;
- Leadership qualities, personnel and team management.
- Effective communication skills – verbal and written
- Customer service orientation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit one document as an attachment (combining the application letter and CV with at least three professional referees) to [email protected] by email before Close of Business, 28th May 2018.
Please include the reference: Quality Assurance Executive as the subject of your email applications. Do not attach your testimonials or certificates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that TI-Kenya does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process and we do not recruit through recruitment agents.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: