Transparency International Kenya (TI-Kenya) Job Vacancy 2018 for Project Assistant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Transparency International Kenya (TI-Kenya) Job Vacancy 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Transparency International Kenya (TI-Kenya) Job Vacancy 2018
Job Summary: Transparency International Kenya (TI-Kenya) is an autonomous chapter in the Transparency International movement, a non-partisan global coalition of like-minded individuals and organizations against corruption with which we share knowledge and exchange ideas for the greater good of Kenya.
TI-Kenya has established Regional Offices in Kisumu, Eldoret, Mombasa and Nairobi to enhance its presence and impact in these regions.
The Regional Offices incorporate the Advocacy and Legal Advice Centres (ALACs) established in collaboration with partners as a strategic initiative aimed at empowering citizens to actively participate in the fight against corruption and demand for accountability.
TI-Kenya seeks to recruit a Project Assistant in the ALAC Eldoret office to strengthen the operations of the office.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Project Assistant Job
Under the guidance and supervision of the Regional Officer, the Project Assistant will perform duties that include:
- Ensure logistical and administrative preparation of all project activities including advocacy meetings, workshops and public forums, and ensuring production and or documentation of activity reports and minutes.
- Support publicity campaigns, including providing logistical support for the radio talk shows and other media engagements for the office.
- Assist in project documentation including maintaining a photo database for all activities, and ensuring a comprehensive record of all undertakings (Including documents, minutes and reports).
- Support Regional Officer ALAC Eldoret in undertaking legal aid at the office and in the field.
- Update the Client Data base and proper keeping of Clients records.
- Offer support in all ongoing projects being implemented by ALAC Eldoret.
- Assist in conceptualisation and documentation of joint advocacy initiatives of the North Rift Coalition for Good Governance activities
- Support the identification and recruitment of qualified service providers and consultants through circulation of terms of reference and expression of interest documents and compilation of bids received for the tender review process.
- Ensure that all vendors, suppliers and consultants are paid on a timely basis.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of contacts and profiles of partners and stakeholders relevant for the Regional Office.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as allocated from time to time
Project Assistant Job Qualifications
- A degree in Law from a recognized University with at least one (1) year of proven experience in; Participatory community-based approaches, dissemination strategies, research and advocacy skills, legal aid, community mobilization and organization.
- Fresh graduates may be considered on the basis of exemplary performance and outstanding skills.
- Understanding of data entry
- Good knowledge of TI-Kenya and the environment in which it operates;
- Knowledge of Kenya’s governance systems, institutions and their decision-making procedures;
- Willingness to undertake regular field and other external visits;
- Ability to productively interact with different stakeholders and citizens to advance TI-Kenya work;
- Good oral and writing communication skills both in English and Kiswahili
- Organized, detail oriented, able to prioritize and consistently produce high standard work.
- Familiarity with basic computer packages.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit one document as an attachment (combining the application letter and CV with at least three professional referees) via email to [email protected] by close of business, 15th August 2018.
Please include the reference Project Assistant, North Rift Regional Office as the subject of your email applications.
Do not attach your testimonials or certificates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that TI-Kenya does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process and we do not recruit through recruitment agents.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: