Transformational Business Network Recruitment 2018 for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Transformational Business Network Recruitment 2018 for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Transformational Business Network Recruitment 2018
The Transformational Business Network (TBN) is a global movement which catalyzes purpose-driven entrepreneurs, helps build impactful businesses and unlocks investments in emerging and frontier markets to create jobs and bring prosperity.
Are you passionate about seeing purpose-driven businesses grow? Do you want to see economic development impact poverty in East Africa? Do you want to develop your skills as a researcher?
If you are a high-potential, motivated individual who wants to use your analytic and research skills to make a difference then TBN is the place for you. We support businesses with training, coaching and mentoring and want to ensure a rigorous evidence-based approach to impact.
Preferred start date: 1st August 2018
Reporting to: Training and Coaching Manager
- Under the overall guidance of the Regional Director and direct supervision of the Training and Coaching Manager, the M&E Officer will be responsible for:
- measuring the impact and effectiveness of our work
- To ensure/monitor satisfaction by collecting feedback from participants and partners
- Analyzing and producing reports & proposals for funders and partners.
- Context analysis & assessment of needs to inform development and improvements in program design.
- Data Collection & Systems Management: 30%
- Responsible for design and implementation of M&E system of TBNs program
- Develop and maintain the Management Information System that captures all data from the projects.
- Preparation and revision of data collecting tools
- Responsible for the collection, analysis & presentation of different data in relation to the project activities to inform decision making.
- Donor engagement & Reporting: 40%
- Develop and prepare proposals for partnership and funding
- Prepare and maintain a project plan for funder requirements and timelines
- Ensure thorough familiarity with respective grant awards scope of work and M&E requirements
- Organize impact measurement and evaluation meetings with funders
- Prepare quarterly/annual reports on progress attained for annual audit
- Learning: 10%
- Present findings, progress, goals, problems and other relevant information to the Regional Director, Training and Coaching Manager and other staff meetings.
- Lead in review and dissemination of project reports, results, lessons learned and monitor implementation of changes in improvement areas
- Evaluation & Research: 20%
- In coordination with program leads, set a research agenda, determine methodology, design data collection, and oversee execution of research and evaluation.
- Assist in the conduct of high quality and timely evaluation/ impact assessment of key projects/ programmes to assess the achievement of desired outcomes.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling TBN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of TBN
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Plans, coordinates and organizes workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
- Results Measurement and Learning
- In-depth knowledge on MIS, M&E and development issues
- Excellent knowledge of qualitative and quantitative monitoring and the application of methodology
- Good understanding of social impact measurement and capacity assessment methodologies
- Strong financial literacy, research and analytic capabilities
- Ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities;
- Excellent communication skills, especially report writing
- Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems
Required Skills and Experience
University Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Economics, Social Sciences or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E/MIS in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/ Government
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports
- Demonstrated research and proposal writing experience
- Proven ICT skills in SPSS, MS Excel, PowerPoint and in the development of MIS software using database software
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software
- Ideally experience working with small and medium businesses
- Ideally experience engaging with regional and international funding agencie
Fluency in written and spoken English
How to Apply
To apply, please email your CV to [email protected].
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: