Trade Mark East Africa Job Vacancy 2018 for finance Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Trade Mark East Africa Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Trade Mark East Africa Job Vacancy 2018
The Finance Officer is responsible for processing financial transactions, preparation of financial reports and preparation and monitoring of budget in accordance with TMEA guidelines. S/he will support finance operations, budgeting and financial reporting functions in line with requirements by both internal and external stakeholders, including the review and reconciliation of key accounts as assigned.
Finance Officer Job Responsibilities
- Ensure that all accounting and reporting functions and processes are carried out with due professional care.
- Timely processing of invoices and payments as detailed in the Service Level Agreement in the Financial Management Information system
- Compliance – preparation and review of payroll inputs and ensuring proper administration of Withholding Tax and VAT and payment of the same on a timely basis to the relevant authorities.
- Ensure that reconciliation of Bank accounts is prepared by the 8th of every month and prompt resolution of outstanding or reconciling items.
- Provide support in the preparation of the annual budget for review before loading into FMIS. Specifically prepare detailed budget templates and upload the budgets to FMIS.
- Assist in preparation and updating the master budget schedule with monthly expenditure, commitments, budget re-allocations and ensure approved project budgets are accurately reconciled.
- Monitor the performance of the FMIS budget control system on a continuous basis and recommend improvements to enhance its control function and value in decision making.
- Assist in preparation of periodic financial and management reports required for decision making by programme teams, management, the Board and other stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation of Country Statutory Financial Statements including Consolidated Financial statements during the audit process
- Assist in preparation of periodic reports to Donors as per signed Agreements e.g. CIDA and USAID.
- Provide required support during both internal and external audits, including audit schedules.
- Apply the highest standards of controls and risk management practices and behaviours and embed a positive risk and control culture.
- Demonstrate prudence, sound judgment and appropriate and timely escalations in the management of all types of risk (including fraud risk) applicable to my role.
- Understand and comply with the relevant end-to-end processes including applicable risks and controls.
- Seek to identify, understand and escalate risk events/incidents/ issues on a timely basis focusing on fixing root-causes and taking ownership of identified mitigating actions.
- Complete all relevant mandatory trainings within the stipulated timelines.
- Participate in regular informal and formal reflection, knowledge sharing and learning events. Document lessons learned and best practices for knowledge sharing and learning.
- Promote and adhere to TMEA’s core values and ensure compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Maintain zero tolerance to bribery, fraud and corruption, and ensure the immediate reporting of any corruption or suspect behaviour that threatens TMEA’s reputation.
- Provide Corporate Services support to the country office.
Qualifications for the Finance Officer Job
- An undergraduate degree or postgraduate degree preferably a Bachelor of Commerce in accounting or finance; and
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA-K) or equivalent professional accounting qualification.
- For undergraduate degree holders, at least five years of progressive work experience and for a postgraduate degree at least three years relevant experience in a busy accounts department.
- Hands-on experience in the use of relevant accounting and MS Office applications, preparation of financial statements and preparation of donor financial reports.
- Knowledge of accounting, auditing, financial forecasting and budgeting principles and practices.
- Communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Good Planning and Organisational skills
- Highly analytical, organized, conscientious, with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: