The Sotik Tea Companies Job Vacancy 2018 for Mechanical Engineering Assistant Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for The Sotik Tea Companies Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
The Sotik Tea Companies Job Vacancy 2018
We are an organization located in a rural environment 50kms from Kericho town consisting of tea estates and two highly automated tea factories. We have an innovative approach to the growing and manufacture of black tea and pride ourselves in the quality of our personnel and productivity.
To strengthen our operations, we are seeking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer in the capacity of an Assistant Manager. The successful candidate will report to the Engineering Manager and be responsible for availing and maintaining reliable engineering resources, working to tight targets and cost constraints.
The successful candidate is expected to be a hands on team player and a leader, heading a team of mechanical, electrical, civil/ building, fabrication and installation personnel in achieving the engineering objectives.
Mechanical Engineering Assistant Manager Job Requirements
- A Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- At least 5 years post training experience.
- Those with a Higher National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or a related field and 8 yrs experience are encouraged to apply.
- Relevant experience in management level position is an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of operations and maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Ability to analyze problems on mechanical and thermal devices.
- Practical skills to maintain and adapt equipment, ensuring that it is safe, reliable and efficient.
- A sound grasp of theoretical principles; mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, pneumatics and heat transfer on Mechanical and Electromechanical systems.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
- Good and proven administrative experience and skills.
- A good command of data management and analysis tools and proficiency in the Microsoft office suite with the ability to effectively use the internet to obtain data and reference material.
- Experience in project management will be an added advantage
- A sound knowledge of and experience in electrical control circuit design and implementation in both relay logic and PLCs will be an added advantage.
Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineering Assistant Manager Job
- Manage plan and control resource utilization in the department for efficient achievement of set performance targets at optimum cost. Review and address performance issues with department staff.
- Liaises with the production team to ensure continuous plant operation by providing fast and efficient online support.
- Provide technical assistance to engineering teams to ensure tasks are executed efficiently and reliably.
- Directly supervising and implementation of projects.
- Advise on plant improvement with a view of adopting emerging technologies.
- Keep accurate utility and maintenance records.
- Perform plant/equipment risk assessment and advice on strategic actions to be taken in a view to guarantee plant safety. Enforce safety standards.
- Preparation of annual budgets and managing their implementation.
How to Apply
Applications, including detailed C.V. to be submitted to the
Managing Director, Sotik Tea Companies, P.O. Box Private Bag 20406, Sotik
or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
by 2nd November 2018.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: