The Kenyatta International Convention Centre Job Vacancies 2019 – Jobs in Kenya
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for The Kenyatta International Convention Centre Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
The Kenyatta International Convention Centre Job Vacancy 2019
The Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC) is established under the Tourism Act, No. 28 of 2011 (the Act). KICC’s mandate is to promote the business of meetings, conferences, and exhibitions.
KICC is in the process of recruiting suitable persons and invites applications for the following post:-
Vacancy for Project Manager
The Business Project Manager reports to the Director Business Development Services and is responsible for planning and coordinating project development activities ensuring they are executed successfully and in accordance to customer needs.
- Prioritize, plan and coordinate project development activities according to customer needs
- Supervise business projects team on daily basis to execute assigned projects within deadlines and budgets
- Determine resource requirements and identify resources with right skills to successfully execute projects
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Maintains Business Project management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains product management staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Have a minimum period ten (10) years relevant work experience, three (3) of which should have been at a level of principal Business Projects Officer;
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following: – Commerce, Business Administration or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Have a Master’s Degree from a recognized institution
- Be a registered member of a relevant professional body.
- Have a certificate in Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Be proficient in computer applications.
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
Vacancy for Director of Business Development
- Development and implementation of all programs aimed at marketing the Centre both locally and internationally
- Development and implementation of The Centre’s strategic business development plans in line with the corporate strategic plan
- Develop and implement marketing programs aimed at increasing the Centre’s market share
- Bid for international conferences and exhibitions
- Development and implementation of goals, objectives and policies of the Business Development Directorate including Sales, Marketing, Digital communications and business projects
- Oversee the development of promotional, advertising and marketing materials for the organization
- Develop new products, services and market expansion programs
- Develop, plan and direct all business projects which can enhance the business of the organization
- Develop and review pricing policy from time to time to reflect on the prevailing market rates
- Study and analyze market trends to ensure the Corporation is in tandem with the prevailing markets
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in senior management level in tourism, hospitality or related sector;
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution;
- Have a Master’s Degree in Business management or related field from a recognized institution;
- Be a member of a professional body;
- Have a certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Be proficient in computer applications;
- Demonstrate professional competency and managerial capability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Comply with the provisions of Chapter six of Constitution of Kenya, 2010
Vacancy for Events Manager
The Events Manager reports to the Director Operations and is responsible for Production and execution of events, exhibitions and food and beverage contracts execution.
- Production and execution of events, exhibitions and food and beverage contracts execution.
- Managing contracts for catered food and related products
- Ensure standards and regulatory compliance food and beverage and events from conception to completion.
- Planning and Coordination of Events, design and development
- Identify opportunities for events through market survey
- On site event management and inspection
- Managing the process of events, completion and wind up
- Administration of post event activities and processes
- Communicating and developing client relationships
- Strategizing to maximize on returns related to events
- Managing operational and administrative activities for effective and efficient delivery
- Planning and implementation of event budgets
- Compliance with all health and safety standards and conducting product research.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management
- Master’s Degree in Hospitality Management
- Professional qualification and membership to a professional body where applicable
- At least eight (8) years’ experience in senior management level in tourism, hospitality or related sector.
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Fulfilling the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply | Apply for all post:
Applicants must comply with Chapter 6 of the Constitution and avail clearance certificates from:
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (certificate of good conduct)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) – Tax Compliance
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications which should include:
- One-page statement on how you meet the requirements for the post.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Indication of current salary.
- Professional certificates and testimonials.
- Three Professional referees
Note:- For more information, log on to the official website of The Kenyatta International Convention Centre Here – http://kicc.co.ke/careers
Terms of Offer The successful candidate’s appointment will be as follows:- Job Grade KICC2 shall be appointed on a contract of five (5) years renewable once subject to performance Job Grade KICC 3 shall be appointed on a contract of five (5) years renewable subject to performance. Job Grade KICC 4, Job Grade KICC 5, Job Grade KICC 6 and Job Grade KICC 7 shall be appointed on permanent and pensionable terms Applications should be sent under confidential cover and with the envelope clearly marked as per your application Ref. “Ref. KICC/ …… /2018” not later than 7th January, 2019 at 5:00 pm to: The Chief Executive Officer, Kenyatta International Convention Centre, P.O. Box 30746-00100, NAIROBI. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Persons with special needs that meet the requirements are encouraged to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More