The Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC) Job Recruitment 2018 for Finance Manager
The Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC), provides holistic, country-driven support to accelerate the development, deployment and transfer of locally relevant climate and clean energy technologies.
KCIC provides incubation, capacity building services and financing to Kenyan entrepreneurs and new ventures that are developing innovative solutions in energy, water and agribusiness to address climate change challenges.
KCIC is an initiative supported by the World Bank’s InfoDev and is the first in a global network of CICs being launched by InfoDev’s Climate Technology Program (CTP).
Kenya CIC is funded by the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
We are currently seeking a highly competent and outstanding individual to fill the following position to support the delivery of our mission:
Reporting to: Director-Client Services Job Summary
The jobholder is responsible for incubating early stage and growth stage innovations, prudent management of Proof of Concept (POC) funding and clients‟ access to early stage and growth stage funding.
- Provide financial analysis, accounting and business model review support to clients in the context of supporting climate technology innovators;
- Oversee market feasibility studies and KCIC investment roadmaps;
- Development of financial and statistical investment models to support investment in green tech innovations;
- In charge of the investment readiness development program: Run high quality showcase events for exposure to investors, funders and sector experts;
and Create useful connections across the value chain.
- Liaising with early stage investment fund managers to facilitate financing to KCIC‟s innovations;
- Provide guidance in interacting with potential SME innovators to originate new investments for KCIC;
- Attract growth equity and venture capital by proactively developing KCIC’s pipeline of investors/financiers;
- Oversee provision of late stage liquidity services to supported incubates;
- Source and support investor programs including peer-to-peer learning;
- Identify economic and industry trends, and customer demands;
- Advice on capital management, and financing options to clients;
- Develop strategy for follow-on financing for “successful” POC Cases.
- Responsible for overseeing and ensuring the effective management of all grant activities in the Proof of Concept (POC) funding;
- Strict adherence to the POC eligibility & evaluation criteria;
- Educate project and project support staff on donor requirements, operational issues, regulations, policies/procedures, as it relates to financial management of assigned projects; and
- Ensure funds are disbursed in accordance with the signed Grant Agreement.
- Work closely with director client services on preparing amendments to an existing POC Agreement for approval;
- Conduct risk assessment reviews for clients proposed for POC grant award · Ensure timely and effective POC funding disbursement and management.
Implementation of Early Stage Financing Mechanism (ESFM)
The ESFM addresses the seed stage financing gap by providing the bridge between early stage KCIC like support and concessional and commercial financing.
Investments are mainly driven by strategic objectives to catalyze the market and the financial imperative for the ESFM to demonstrate a commercial investment model.
The ESFM provides funding in debt, equity and hybrid instruments on a case-by-case basis to bridge the gap faced by early stage companies when raising funding.
The manager will be responsible for overseeing all activities revolving around ESFM funding which include but not limited to:
- Scoping for potential investment opportunities;
- Ensuring adherence to eligibility and evaluation criteria including proper due diligence process;
- Ensuring proper approvals are obtained before disbursements; and
- Provision of necessary support to the investee companies; Key Competencies
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience and knowledge in clean-tech entrepreneurship sector, new venture initiation or lean start-up methodology with 4 years in a management/leadership capacity;
- Commitment, drive and self-motivation, with a passion for „clean tech space‟ and desire to help scale up Clean Tech businesses;
- Ability to work with independence and flexibility;
- Significant local knowledge and networks;
- Effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to think strategically and creatively;
- Good negotiation, mentorship and coaching skills; and
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently.
- Post Graduate Degree in Business related areas;
- Bachelor‟s degree in finance, accounting or business related degree; and
- Professional Certification in Accounting or Financial Analysis certification such as CPA, ACCA, CISA, ICM, GARP or CFA.
How to Apply
To apply submit an up to date resume and cover letter detailing experience relevant to the role being applied for, current and expected salary, daytime telephone contacts, valid email address, and names of three professional referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday, 26th January 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Climate Innovation Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Kenya Climate Innovation Center Strathmore Business School Building 3rd Floor Ole Sangale Road, Madaraka P.O Box 49162- 00100 Nairobi, Kenya
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: