The Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC) Job Recruitment 2018 for Client Services Director
The Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC), provides holistic, country-driven support to accelerate the development, deployment and transfer of locally relevant climate and clean energy technologies.
KCIC provides incubation, capacity building services and financing to Kenyan entrepreneurs and new ventures that are developing innovative solutions in energy, water and agribusiness to address climate change challenges.
KCIC is an initiative supported by the World Bank’s InfoDev and is the first in a global network of CICs being launched by InfoDev’s Climate Technology Program (CTP).
Kenya CIC is funded by the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
We are currently seeking a highly competent and outstanding individual to fill the following position to support the delivery of our mission:
The jobholder is responsible for overseeing and providing policy and operational guidance to Client Services directorate.
- Ensure development of valuable partnerships with organizations in view to generating quality KCIC brand and outsource some of KCICs services;
- Identify and prioritize focus areas in emerging client needs;
- Structure the business advisory process for incubation, acceleration and exit/alumni;
- Nurture early stage enterprises through product development, customer acquisition and revenue generation support;
- Create a mechanism for mentorship and networking through engaging experts, potential investors, and business contacts;
- Providing guidance on establishment of adequate quality client base;
- Ensure relevant training and technical assistance are constantly made available to clients;
- Develop investor networks for KCIC;
- Enhance client access to appropriate financing in proposal development for grants and Investment Program;
- Drive performance management and target based staff evaluations;
- Coach, mentor and develop the client service team staff, as well as identify areas of development for the team;
- Develop the annual Client Services operational and capital budgets;
- Plan, coordinate and execute the annual budget processes for the department;
- Ensure adherence to all KCIC policies and procedures by the client service team; and
- Prepare relevant reports to management, KCIC board, donors and other stake holders.
- Significant local knowledge and networks with a demonstrated ability to grasp and adapt to the Kenyan early-stage investing and entrepreneurial context;
- Entrepreneurial mind-set/approach;
- Strong developer of teams and ability to embrace leadership principles and promote staff engagement and well-being.
- Strong ability to raise the profile and visibility of KCIC both locally and internationally
- Leadership skills for the implementation of set work plans;
- Team management and negotiation skills;
- Understanding, exposure and interest in financing in small and growing businesses;
- Ability to network and develop relationships with investors, financial institutions, fund managers and potential businesses;
- Experience in driving and leading fundraising
- Passion and ability to drive clean-tech entrepreneurship;
- Positive attitude, integrity, enthusiasm, professionalism and strong work ethics.
- Membership to professional bodies.
- Minimum of a Masters’ degree in a relevant business discipline;
- Minimum 10 years of relevant business experience, with at least 5 years in a management/leadership position at the helm of business.
How to Apply
To apply submit an up to date resume and cover letter detailing experience relevant to the role being applied for, current and expected salary, daytime telephone contacts, valid email address, and names of three professional referees to [email protected] Closing date for applications is Friday, 26th January 2018. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Kenya Climate Innovation Center is an equal opportunity employer. Kenya Climate Innovation Center Strathmore Business School Building 3rd Floor Ole Sangale Road, Madaraka P.O Box 49162- 00100 Nairobi, Kenya
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: