Terre des hommes Job Vacancy 2018 for Psychosocial Counsellor, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Terre des hommes Job Vacancy 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Terre des hommes Job Vacancy 2018
Terre des hommes (Tdh) launched its activities in Kenya in January 2011. Tdh provides support to children in Dadaab Refugee Camp and in Korogocho slums. Tdh also implements WASH, Child Protection, health and nutrition projects in Garissa County.
- Location: Dadaab, Garissa
- Reports to (Functionally): Child Protection Senior Officer
- Number of subordinates: 2 assistant counsellor and 28 community workers
- Position Grade: E
- Working time in % : 100%
- Starting date: 1st September, 2018
- Length: 4 Months
General description of the position: Reporting to his/her immediate supervisor,the Psychosocial Counselor provides psychosocial support to the refgee children and families in Hagadera, monitor the activities in the two child friendly centers and girls screened areas and provide technical support to the center supervisors, Animators and Assistant counsellors.
- To provide psychosocial support to selected cases of high risk or cases in need of specialized psychosocial support or mental health interventions.
- Participate in need assessments and project evaluations aiming at contributing to the development of the child protection programme strategy for the refugee community project in Dadaab refugee complex and in four villages of the host communities.
- To support in the development of intervention criteria for the psychosocial cases and design appropriate technical responses to psychosocial and mental health cases.
- Provide training and supervising the CP team and community based structures on the management of children and families with basic psychosocial and mental concerns.
- Train CP team members on the child friendly interviews techniques and implementation of psychosocial assessment.
- Under the supervision of the Child Protection Senior Officer, coordinate with the Child Protection BID/ Case Management Officer on assistance response to cases of children in need of psychosocial interventions.
Responsibility: Conduct Mobile monthly CFS and monitor the two CFS in Hagadera and one CFS in Alinjugur.
Aim: Conduct mobile monthly CFS.
- Ensure monthly mobile Cfs are conducted in the camp.
- Train and monitors the animators on the mobile Cfs.
- Ensure children who can’t access the centres are reached through the monthly mobile Cfs.
- Ensure the centre activities are conducted.
- Provide technical support to the centre supervisors.
- Monitor the two girl screened areas.
- Plan the leave schedule for the center supervisors.
- Ensure that children living with disabilities are incorporated into centre activities.
- Responsibility: Renovation of the CFS in Alinjugur.
- Aim: Conduct situational anaylsis on what the center requires.
- Conduct and assessment on the Cfs .
- Plan with the logistic team on what the centre needs.
- Train the community members who are willing to volunteer on basic counselling skills.
- Ensure all the activities are carried out in the center.
- Responsibility: Provide psychosocial support to the 4 villages.(Alinjugur,Welmarer,Yumbis and Borehole)
- Aim: Ensure chidren in the four villages receive psychosocial services.
- Provide group and individual therapy.
- Identify and screen children with psychosocial distress.
- Work in close collaboration with other departments.
- Good facilitation skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Competency in computer applications and packages.
- Minimum bachelor degree in psychology or related field from a recognized university, clinical experience is a plus.
- Experience in use of community based approaches for the management of psychosocial and mental health issues.
- Experience in application of innovative/creative and evidence based psychosocial and mental health issues.
- Minimum of three years’ experience with prominence in psychosocial and mental health assignments.
- Experience in case management including management of case conferences.
- Project reporting and evaluation experience.
- Staff supervision experience.
- Fluency in English, Kiswahili and Somali Language, and knowledge of Somali culture and traditions is a plus.
- Languages: Fluent in English, Swahili and Somali
- Other: Knowledge of Garissa and Dedaab Refugee camp context.
How to Apply
Only candidates that fit the requirements above are invited to submit a covering letter, CV, references, and copies of academic and professional certificates, (if requirements are not met or application is incomplete, the application will not be considered).
The Application should be emailed [email protected]
Kindly indicate the position on the subject line of the e-mail – only applications which will have complied with this request will be shortlisted.
Kindly note only applications sent to this email address will be considered.
Closing date for the application of this position is 22nd August 2018
- EXPLORE MORE: