Terre des hommes Job Vacancy 2018 for Admin Assistant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Terre des hommes Job Vacancy 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Terre des hommes Job Vacancy 2018
Terre des hommes (Tdh) launched its activities in Kenya in January 2011. Tdh provides support to children in Dadaab Refugee Camp and in Korogocho slums. Tdh also implements WASH, Child Protection, health and nutrition projects in Garissa County.
- Location: Dadaab
- Reports to (Hierarchically): Log/Admin Officer Dadaab
- Number of subordinates: 4
- Position Grade: F
- Working time in % : 100%
- Starting date: 15th September 2018
- Length: 3.5 Months
General description of the position: Manages and organises the Logistics, Administration and HR of the dadaab base in close collaboration with the Log/Admin Officer and Area Program Manager.
With the support and under the supervision of the the Log/Admin Officer, responsible for logistics,administration and human resources support for Tdh intervention in dadaab in collaboration with the Project Manager. He or she will conduct his or her duties in respect of the Charter of Terre des hommes and the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy.
Terre des Hommes expects that its contractors’ professional conduct reflect proper behaviour in accordance with local culture and traditions. He or she assures the moral protection of the name of Terre des hommes and upholds in all circumstances the interests of the organization.
Tdh intervenes without any affiliation to politics, religion or financial profit. The incumbent will direct his or her activities and engagements without the preoccupation of political, racial or religious affiliation.
S/he is able to make independent decisions and actions in his/her field of activity.
Roles for the Admin Assistant Job
- Manage the cash box of the office, under the supervision of the the Log/Admin Officer. The Support Services Coordinator have the right to verify randomly the cashbox balance.
- Responsible for the correct implementation of Tdh procurement and supply chain procedures in compliance with donor requirements.
- In coordination with the Programme staff, ensure forecasting of purchases and material delivery (for office and project sites’ needs).
- Lead and support in monthly logistics budget forecast planning and monitoring of expenses.
- Coordinate with the Programme staff for monthly follow-up of purchase requests.
- Contracts Management
- Responsible for coordination of transport of all supplies and equipment to and from site in Garissa County.
- Stipulate & manage contracts for vehicles and all other logistical services, in close collaboration with field managers.
- Responsible for contracts management (calls to tender, vehicles, service contracts or miscellaneous rental).
- Responsible for the follow-up on contractual commitments for the rental vehicle fleet in Garissa County.
- Responsible for vehicle fleet maintenance. Ensure good state/performance of all vehicles.
- Stock/Assets management
- Coordinate with Programme Managers and support teams on fleet requirements and ensure an appropriate provision of vehicles.
- Responsible with the field teams for the correct implementation of Tdh stock and physical asset management procedures in line with donor requirements.
Ensure maintenance of transparent stock management systems including documented monthly inventory controls and spot checks.
- Responsible for office/guest houses maintenance (water, electricity, generator, painting, etc.) for all Tdh premises in dadaab County.
- Responsible for the equipment maintenance (computers, printers, photocopiers, fridges, generators, etc.).
- Provide punctual support to programme activities through provision of needed supplies and equipment, performance of maintenance in the projects’ facilities, and other logistics needs arising during implementation.
- Support the the Log/Admin Officer in the contractual placement of the human resources and keep the records of daaab based and Inpatriate staff updated, under direction of the the Log/Admin Officer or Finance/Admin Officer based in Nairobi.
- Prepare and make payment of unskilled workers.
- Work as liaison between staff and Finance/Admin Officer based in Nairobi.In order to smooth any problem and maintain a high standard of HR management.
- Keep him/herself updated about the local Employment Act and local taxes and contributions
- Support the Logistics Department in filling the yearly office assets inventory.
- Pay suppliers under Project Managers or Admin/Log officer’s request and double check the acceptability of the expenditure.
- Ensure and facilitate the communication and information sharing within the team and the department, and contribute to the team responsibilities.
- Work in close collaboration with other departments.
- Comply with Tdh Security Regulations
- Abuse Prevention Policy – Operational Risk Management
- Commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy
- Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies
- Commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies.
- Undertake all other duties that may be determined by the Support Services Coordinator and/or Country Representative and that are compatible with the job.
- Competencies: Strong knowledge about Procurement procedures in emergency context
- Skills: Good analytical, computer, problem solving and report writing skills required
- Languages: Proficiency in English and Swahili
- Other: Previous working experience with INGO`s in emergency context, Awareness about garissa county.
How to Apply
Only candidates that fit the requirements above are invited to submit a covering letter, CV, references, and copies of academic and professional certificates, (if requirements are not met or application is incomplete, the application will not be considered).
The Application should be emailed [email protected]
Kindly indicate the position on the subject line of the e-mail – only applications which will have complied with this request will be shortlisted.
Kindly note only applications sent to this email address will be considered.
Closing date for the application of this position is 22nd August, 2018
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: