Telkom Kenya Job vecancies 2018 for IP Planning Engineer
The incumbent will be responsible for planning, designing and implementing the IP networks MPBN (Mobile Packet Backbone Network), Fixed access network, Internet gateway and Mobile Backhaul.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Design IP network for new elements and services to be added
- Create KPIs for new products/services
- Analyze the IP network on a weekly basis against the KPI
- Minimize network and service impact for any change and scheduling all planned works
- Create and update handover system configuration documentation after software/hardware upgrade
- Analyze the effect of a new/improvement change before & after implementation
- Provide recommendation reports to Identify opportunities for improvement and optimization of existing services
- Act as a point of escalation for operational issues
- Stay abreast of best practise through self-development.
- Mentor junior members of the IP networks team.
- Execute the People Management strategy of the business through compliance with all HR policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the cost saving targets of the function
- Evaluate the cost impact of initiatives before executing same
- Understand customer expectations to ensure service delivery is aligned to same
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Degree in Telecommunications and Information engineering, Electronic and computer engineering, Electrical and electronic engineering, Information technology, or any-related technical degree from a recognized institution.
- CCNA-SP,CCNP-SP,JNCIA-SP,JNCIA-SEC,ITIL or any other equivalent certification
- 3-5 years’ experience in design, implementation, operation and maintenance of telecommunications networks
- Understanding of the business and technological issues that impact on telecommunications & technology.
- Thorough grounding in telecommunications network design and implementation.
- Proficient in routing protocols OSPF,ISIS, BGP and L2 & L3 MPLS VPNs
- Conversant with carrier Ethernet technical specifications E-line, E-LAN and E tree
- Conversant with ITIL framework approach to IT service management
- Developing HLD,LLD and MoP documents
- Conversant with MEF’s third network
- Understanding of GSM network architecture
- Autonomy in a multicultural and multifunctional environment, ability to liaise with other entities and departments inside Telkom Kenya and outside Telkom Kenya
- Proactive and dynamic.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Efficient and results oriented
- Self-motivated person able to work under minimum supervision
- Excellent Organization and communication skills
- Proven Leadership Skills
How to Apply
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only.
If you are up to the challenge & fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 28th February 2018 , please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom is an equal opportunity employer
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: