Telkom Kenya Job Vacancy 2018 for Head of Product, Application details
Reporting to the Head of MFS, the position will be responsible for the MFS Products and Services portfolio. The Head of Product will perform product management for the mobile money products and services including strategy planning, concept definition, implementation, launch, and on-going performance and lifecycle management.
- Define the new product development and innovation processes for the MFS division and integrate it into the rest of the company.
- Develop and implement methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures, progress reports and staff conferences, in order to inform management of current status of each project.
- Work together with the MFS marketing team to develop the strategic product roadmap for the MFS division, providing regular updates and strategic analysis of the progress in achieving the roadmap goals
- Oversee and manage the Product Team to develop and launch approved products and services.
- Define and manage the change request roadmap with inputs from technical and commercial teams. Oversee the Product Team to implement approved change requests and service improvements.
- Work together with technical and MFS teams in order to design, configure and deliver the systems, products and services to meet requirements and deadlines.
- Define and monitor the customer experience for consumer, corporate and distribution users of the MFS systems and oversee continued improvements to the user experience.
- Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones.
- Undertake leadership and mentoring of the Product Team and manage execution of section objectives.
- Establish staff KPIs, conduct monthly performance evaluations and plan staff training and skills improvement.
- Prepare budgets and approve budget expenditures; Control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Manage delivery of the road-map meeting timeline expectations of the business.
- Maintain strong ties and consistent communication with Marketing, Agency, Operational and Technical teams to capture appropriate commercial requirements and manage technical implementation and project timelines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or a related field from a recognized Institution.
- 5-10 years relevant experience in a management role within an innovation environment within the telecommunications or financial services sector, having being exposed to all disciplines.
Professional Knowledge & Skills:
- Project Management – experience with management of large project teams achieving deadlines
- Customer focused – passionate about delivery of results to internal and external customers
- Solid understanding of market, competitors, & customer
- Strategically Oriented – solid understanding of the integrated set of products and services included within the MFS portfolio; able to identify opportunities and define and implement these opportunities
- Strong Analytical skills – able to assess reports, identify issues, root cause, and recommend solutions, expert spread sheet skills a distinct advantage
- Financial Management – develop and manage budgets, drive down costs wherever possible.
- Strong leadership skills
- Presentation and communication skills – superior, both written and oral. Experience in report writing
How to Apply
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only. If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 3rd April 2018 , please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Apply through [email protected] and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Share this post with your Friends: