Telkom Kenya Job Vacancy 2018 for Core Network Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Telkom Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Telkom Job Vacancy 2018
- Region: Nairobi
- Reporting to: Head of Network Planning & Implementation
- Band: 4.2
- Department: Technology Division
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
About This Role
The Manager-Core Network Planning will provide Strategic and Operational Leadership to ensure the efficient and effective planning of the core Mobile (Voice and Data) and Fixed line voice network in line with the business requirements (required timelines, budget constraints and quality standards). Systems include MSC, HLR, SGSN, GGSN, SSW, MGW, IMS etc.).
What You Will Do
- Ensure future proof Core network design to guarantee deliverables are met according to customer requirements both internal and external
- Active participation in expansion and growth of the network
- Translate TKL’s Business plan and subscriber growth assumptions into:
Roles for the Core Network Manager Job
Strategically drive the Design and plan for cost efficient/least cost core, to support rollout with a 5+ year time horizon taking cognizance of technology developments.
Capacity Planning and network architectural design
- Maintains capacity and functionality requirements timeously and ahead of traffic for the PS Core, CS Core network according to departmental KPI’s in line with the company elements
- Develop policies on the deployment of selected equipment
- Approve detailed Product and Service design (route sizes, etc.)
- Approve equipment configurations to be ordered from supplier(s) including cost control
- Ensures that all the licensing requirements are met and controls budget directly related to any upgrades or licensing requirements, mission, objectives and customer satisfaction indices
- Sufficient headroom according to KPI’s to provide flexibility in customer and traffic growth
- Participate as technical lead in all procurement negotiations with vendors and select vendors based on technical expertise and ability to rollout
Core Network Rollout
- Oversee Rollout of the core network
- Ensure on time planning and designs are released
- Oversee and drive rollout, installation and integration of new nodes and systems
Core Network Rollout
- Oversee, drive and manage network performance in the core areas
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting on performance
Core Network Manager Job Requirements
- Sc. Electrical/Telecommunications/ Engineering
- Seven years in Core Network Planning
- Additional Training in Network planning & optimization, Advanced Telecommunications and network overview, Supervisory and Leadership Training
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies is advantageous
- At least 5 years’ managerial experience; with three years in relevant sector/ industry
- Ability to take clear and economically sound decisions in a fast moving competitive environment
- People leadership and management skills and demonstrated ability to build and energize teams
- Strong “can-do“ attitude combined with an ability to take a step back and articulate the strategic implications of key decisions
- Excellent relationship building (interpersonal skills)and negotiation skills, to establish successful partnerships with vendors and partners
- Good networking skills – the ability to build relationships internally that foster the flow of work
How to Apply
Application should be sent by 18th October 2018, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through email@example.com and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: