Telkom Kenya Job Vacancies 2018 for Senior Core Network Engineer
The incumbent will be responsible for Planning, Design and engineering of Circuit and Packet Switched Core Telecommunication Networks. The resultant is a performing core network
- Responsible for design and capacity planning for the GSM Circuit Switched Core Network nodes including but not limited to MSC, HLR/HSS,MGW, STP (SPS) and PoI
- Evaluation of new and existing hardware, planning & design for new solutions, implementation & integration of new hardware/software, project management, and optimization of the CS-Core network.
- Translate marketing inputs into core network architecture and design for mobile circuit switched service
- Resolve faults related to design on all equipment under CS-Core network domain.
- Configure data for new systems with vendors and create work instructions for existing systems.
- Provide recommendation reports to identify opportunities for improvement and optimization of existing CS- Core services.
- Manage all software and hardware configuration for the CS-Core nodes.
- Set relevant KPIs for the CS-core network and ensure the same are met.
- Build internal and external relationships with key customers and suppliers to deliver continuous quality solutions to the business.
Application for Work Orders for network changes/integration and ensure that they are followed by the implementation teams
- Relevant University Degree in Telecommunication or Computer Engineering or any-related technical degree from a recognized institution
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Telcom environment dealing with Circuit Switch Core Network and signalling systems.
- Circuit switching design
- GSM mobile network & IP&VOIP
- Traffic engineering
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Visio, excel, and PowerPoint
- Autonomy in a multicultural and multifunctional environment, ability to liaise with other entities and departments inside Telkom Kenya and outside Telkom Kenya
- Proactive and dynamic.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Efficient and results oriented
- Self-motivated person able to work under minimum supervision
- Excellent Organization and communication skills
- Proven Leadership Skills
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge & fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 23th February 2018, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through [email protected] and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom is an equal opportunity employer
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: