Tana River County Job Vacancy 2018 for Plaster Technician, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Tana River County Job Vacancy 2018Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Tana River County Job Vacancy 2018
The County Public Service Board of Tana River in collaboration with the department of Health and Sanitation pursuant to section 66 of the County Government Act of 2012 wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions in the County Public Service:
Terms of service: All positions shall be on Permanent and pensionable terms of service.
Remuneration: As prescribed by Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC).
JG “G” (3 POSTS)
The Officer will have a variety of duties and responsibilities of a limited scope and complexity under the guidance and supervision of a more senior officer.
These duties include:-
- Application and removal of plaster and traction;
- Recording of procedure carried out on patients;
- Counselling patients;
- Ordering plaster and other supplies;
- Assisting in planning and organizing orthopaedic care;
- Conduct evaluation and assessment of clients to determine their needs;
- Assist and advice in the pre-surgical planning and post- surgical management of patients requiring orthotic or prosthetic services;
- Measure patients to design and apply plaster casts on conservative reduction of fractures and dislocation;
- Apply, adjust and remove Plaster of Paris Casts;
- Repair or service patient devices;
- Conduct regular evaluation of clients to assess progress and response to therapy and revise treatment programme where necessary to achieve goals;
- Educate clients and their families about what to expect during treatment and rehabilitation and how best to cope with the situation
- Ensure accurate client record documentation ;
- Participate in the development of departmental work plan and budget based on the hospital strategic plan;
- Individual annual work plan based on department work plan;
- Ensure availability and safe custody of orthopaedic materials and equipment;
- Ensure equipment is maintained in serviceable condition at all times;
- Ensure application of approved standards for Orthopaedic Technology services
For appointment to this grade one must have:-
- Plaster Technician’s certificate from the Kenya Medical Training College or other approved equivalent qualification;
- Be a registered and active member of relevant regulatory body; and
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should visit our website: www.tanariver.go.ke/vacancies for details and job application form which should be downloaded and duly filled. Candidates should also attach and submit their applications with updated CV, a copy of National Identity Card, copies of academic and professional certificates, names and contacts of three (3) referees, and other relevant testimonials to:
The Board Secretary / C.E.O.
Tana River County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 181 – 70101
All applications clearly specifying the position applied for on the top left side of the envelope should be received on or before 21st December, 2018.
All applicants MUST comply with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution.
Kindly note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The County Public Service Board of Tana River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Persons Living with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
EMAIL: [email protected]
- EXPLORE MORE: