Tana River County Job Vacancy 2018 for Physical Planning Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Tana River County Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Tana River County Job Vacancy 2018
The County Public Service Board of Tana River pursuant to section 66 of the County Government Act, 2012 wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant position
Physical Planning Officer Job Responsibilities
- An officer at this level will be under the guidance and supervision of deputy director physical planning;
- Assemble spatial data gathered from the field and stakeholders for the sub-county to feed into the County Spatial Plan;
- Prepare base maps of the Sub-County generated by use of GIS System;
- Prepare proposed land use Maps indicating areas and direction of the settlement, land for arable use, degraded land, sensitive ecosystem and transport systems linking the various land uses;
- Incorporate all the thematic/sectoral data and information generated into the designs of Sub-County land use plan;
- Design the Sub-County spatial structure;
- Delineation and planning of the existing and new Urban/Town centers in the Sub-County;
- Formulation of plan to the ground to top potentials and mitigate challenges;
- Ground trothing and revision of plans;
- Record rationalization and development on a G.I.S platform;
- Create base for peparation of valuation rolls for all the township properties;
- Create land use plans around strategic facilities e.g airports, railway terminals, university campuses, etc;
- Undertaking feasibility studies on physical, social, economic and environmental characteristics;
- Implementing physical plans for national, regional, urban areas and cities;
- Processing Development Control applications, implementation and enforcement of Development Control;
- Maintaining Physical Planning records in the Sub-Counties.
Qualifications for the Physical Planning Officer Job
- Have a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines;- Urban and Regional Planning, Urban Planning or Town Planning from a recognized institution;
- Be a graduate member of Kenya Institute of Planners or Architectural Association of Kenya (Town Planning Chapter); and
- Have a certificate in G.I.S or computer application skills from a recognized institution;
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download and duly fill a job application form provided on our website: www.tanariver.go.ke attach and submit their applications with updated CV, a copy of National Identity Card, copies of academic and professional certificates, names and contacts of three (3) referees, and other relevant testimonials to:-
The Board Secretary/CEO
County Public Service Board of Tana River
P.O. Box 181 – 70101
All applications clearly specifying the position applied for on the top left side of the envelope should be received on or before Friday 16th November, 2018.
All applicants MUST comply with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution.
Kindly note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The County Government of Tana River is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women and persons living with disabilities (PDWs) are encouraged to apply.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: