Tana River County Job Vacancy 2018 for Physical Planning, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Tana River County Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Tana River County Job Vacancy 2018
Deputy Director Physical Planning Job Responsibilities
- The Deputy Director of physical planning will be responsible to the Chief Officer Lands and Physical Planning for management and administration of the physical planning function;
- Implementing of the Physical Planning Act, (Cap 286) the Physical Planners Registration Act 1996 and Urban Areas And Cities Act No.13, 2011;
- Advise to the County Government on physical planning matters, formulation and review of national, regional and local physical development policies, guidelines and strategies;
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating the national spatial plan, reviewing and certifying, regional, county, metropolitan, urban, rural, techno-cities, resort cities and special economic zones physical development plans;
- Providing guidelines for regulating use of land, ensuring proper physical planning practice in towns, municipalities and other urban areas;
- Initiating research and innovation on urbanization strategies and policies and any other matters related to physical planning;
- Being the secretary to the county physical planning liaison committee;
- Preparing and implementing the performance targets work plans and contract, overseeing planning and budgeting for the department; and
- Mobilization of resources, managing, mentoring and developing staff.
Requirements for the Deputy Director Physical Planning Job
- Have served as a Physical Planner or relevant field for a minimum period of five (5) years;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following discipline:- Urban and Regional Planning, Urban Planning or Town Planning from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Urban and Regional Planning, Urban Planning, Regional Planning, Town Planning, Transport Planning or Spatial Planning from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Be a corporate member of Kenya Institute of Planners or Architectural Association of Kenya (Town Planning Chapter);
- Be registered by the Physical Planners Registration Board;
- Have a certificate in Strategic Leaders Development Programme (SLDP) lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Have a certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrate professional ability, high integrity and competence matched by a proper appreciation of the country’s socio economic development needs at the national, sectoral and local levels; and
- Demonstrate ability to interpret and apply the Physical Planning Act (Cap. 286) and other related statutes in line with the National vision and goals.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download and duly fill a job application form provided on our website: www.tanariver.go.ke attach and submit their applications with updated CV, a copy of National Identity Card, copies of academic and professional certificates, names and contacts of three (3) referees, and other relevant testimonials to:-
The Board Secretary/CEO
County Public Service Board of Tana River
P.O. Box 181 – 70101
All applications clearly specifying the position applied for on the top left side of the envelope should be received on or before Friday 16th November, 2018.
All applicants MUST comply with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution.
Kindly note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The County Government of Tana River is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women and persons living with disabilities (PDWs) are encouraged to apply.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: