Talent Solutions Job Vacancies 2018 for Health and Safety Officer
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the job holder will create awareness on Environment, health and safety to staff and ensure EHS requirements and standards are implemented & maintained
- Ensure compliance with Environmental, Health and Safety Laws and requirements.
- Evaluate the workplace environment and develop safety-management policies that identify and define the safety responsibilities of all employees.
- Continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the organization which should include first aid and fire marshals.
- Liaise with relevant regulatory authorities on securing new, and reporting on existing operations, permits and licenses in a timely manner.
- Lead formal risk assessment for the evaluation and management of occupational EHS hazards across the company’s activities and branches /sites.
- Coordinate with various departments/ functional units to identify key risk areas and priorities, produce and maintain EHS risk registers.
- Engage with, audit and report on third party contractor required to meet Corporate EHS policy and procedures.
- Ensure all accidents and incidents are recorded, investigated and corrective and preventive actions are taken based on the findings and maintain an incident Register.
- Prepare EHS internal and external audit schedules, ensure implementation of the same. The schedules shall include NEMA environment self-audit, OSHA audit, noise survey, fire audit and city council fire inspection and clearance.
- Conduct fire drills and co-ordinate firefighting equipment service.
- Schedule and facilitate safety committee meetings at a minimum quarterly.
- Set corporate targets and goals for EHS performance improvement.
- Must be in possession of a science based Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University.
- Professional qualification in EHS
- Over 2 year’s relevant experience, of which 2 years should be in a food manufacturing or hospitality industry.
- Practical experience in Kenyan EHS regulations and the use of formal EHS risk assessments.
- Familiarity with International Environmental Management Systems and Health and Safety Management systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of integrated management system ISO 9001, HACCP, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 standard plus any other management systems that may apply.
- Good leadership skills
- Interpersonal & good communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Able to work under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Ability to inspect, evaluate work of subordinates
- Result oriented.
How to Apply
If the above profile describes you, this could be the big opportunity you have been looking for please send a CV and cover letter outlining your availability and salary expectations to [email protected] before 26th February, 2018.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: