Talent Board Job Vacancy For Mechanical Engineer, Application Details
Our client is an ISO accredited, solution driven infrastructure and marine engineering company based in Mombasa. They seek to hire an experienced mechanical engineer to head the engineering bureau.
Table of Contents
Engineering Bureau Manager Job Responsibilities
- As a member of the management team, add value to the engineering and planning of the company.
- Supervise, implement and organise engineering works.
- Design, preparation of Technical drawings for Fabrication Works, Marine works, Ship building and repairs.
- Direct and manage the team in the Engineering Office.
- Lead engineering works process from piping shipyard works through to civil works.
- Supervise the preparation of BoQs and estimation of costs.
- Inspect equipment, instruments, products, or systems to ensure conformance to specifications, safety standards, or applicable codes or regulations.
- Provide technical support and instructions to staff or customers regarding equipment standards, assisting with specific and difficult in-service engineering.
- Provide engineering services for production, quality, safety, environment in house and on our projects.
- Lead and grow a currently small engineering team.
- Set annual targets (Key performance indicators) and chase these, do monthly progress reviews.
- Lead and develop an Engineering Bureau.
- Direct engineering designers for works / projects monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Support the project Manager in execution of work on site.
- Add value to preparation of tender documents and design supervision.
- Preparing reports, updating the departmental head on work in progress, difficulties and recommendations for possible solutions.
- Lead and make engineering analyses for complete civil/mechanical works.
Qualifications for the Engineering Bureau Manager
- Degree / Master’s Degree in Mechanical / Civil / Ship building Engineering
- Over 5 years’ experience in Design of Mechanical works including Oil & Gas or civil.
- Engineering design optimization knowledge using relevant Engineering software.
- Experience in the Marine Industry will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: