Tala Job Vacancy 2018 for KE – Collections Agent, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Tala Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Tala Job Vacancy 2018
Tala is a mission-driven mobile technology and data science company that’s opening up financial access for underserved people globally. Tala’s smartphone app uses alternative data to deliver instant credit and help customers build their financial identities. Unlike traditional credit scoring, Tala’s proprietary underwriting models draw on thousands of mobile data points including network diversity, social connectedness, geographic patterns, and financial transactions to score customers in real time, without a need for formal credit history. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi and Manila.
Tala, formerly known as InVenture, is backed by IVP, Ribbit Capital, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture and impact investors. In 2016, Fast Company ranked Tala as one of its top 10 companies in Money, and Forbes named Tala as one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. Additionally, Tala’s work has been highlighted by Forbes, the New York Times, the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, TED, and Wired, among others. Tala is headquartered in Los Angeles with additional offices in Nairobi, Dar Es Salaam and Manila.
Tala, seeks a collections agent to manage overdue accounts. Primary responsibility will be reaching out to customers to collect payment for overdue loans and fees. Agents will also have opportunity to provide feedback as the voice of the customer that will create impactful change to the company’s services. In addition, agents will have the opportunity to work on creative projects that affect the customer experience.
The position purpose is ensuring an excellent standard of caring service, maintaining customer relationships, and representing Tala’s brand of modern and convenient customer-centric service.
- Call customers with overdue accounts
- Understand and explain benefits of repayment and credit history to customers
- Correct customer misunderstandings on product policies and terms
- Diffuse tension from bad customer experiences with the application
- Set up payment plans and follow-up schedule
- Establish and maintain caring relationships with customers
- Escalate difficult or unusual cases to Team Lead
- Escalate and document problems with customer identification information
- Provide feedback on reasons for default to Team Lead
- Champion the voice of the customer to Team Lead by providing input on product and user experience
- Engage in creative projects and tasks at the request of Team Lead (example: onboarding welcome calls, white glove service for top customers, etc.)
- Apply the best skills in customer approach and payment negotiations to ensure optimum results.
- Engage customers to a friendly conversation to establish reasons for nonpayment and provide best way forward and suggestions that result to collections.
- Educate customers on consequences for late payments and help them to come up with a payment plan.
- Strong problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Willingness to work a flexible and variable schedule
- Patient and able to handle customer complaints or misunderstandings
- Strong work ethic, punctual, accountable, and team player
- Fast at typing and working with modern, digital technology
- Quick learner, creative
- Able to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Readily accepts feedback and incorporates changes into behavior
- Intellectually curious and unafraid to ask questions
- Desire to go above and beyond job requirements to deliver an excellent customer experience and create capacity-building change for the company
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Experience in financial services and/or emerging markets
- Excellent motivational, listening, and problem-solving skills
- Graduate Degree or Diploma Required
- Previous collections experience, at least 2 years.
- High level of financial literacy,
- Experience with multiple types of formal and informal credit products
- Ability to work in fast-paced, dynamically changing environment and excited to bring an energetic, fun and creative approach to your work.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Tala (formerly InVenture) career website on boards.greenhouse.getrake.io to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: