Switch TV Job Vacancy 2018 for Assignment Editor, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Switch TV Job Vacancy 2018Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Switch TV Job Vacancy 2018
Reporting to the Managing Editor, the Assignment Editor will be responsible for the following: –
- Oversees news gathering process (Editorial Desk & ENG Reporters) and logistics for all of our news platforms.
- Takes strong lead in breaking news coverage and pre-packaged stories/ features.
- Aggressively coordinate how enterprise stories are sought including actualizing documentaries or mini-documentaries.
- Ensures that the Editorial Desk monitors social media and builds content for our web site and other socialmedia handles.
- Reacts aggressively and decisively to breaking news with or without management present bearing in mind our target audience.
- Builds strong sources in the community.
- Co-ordinate the Editorial Desk, anchors and reporters.
- Working closely with the Editorial Desk and ENG reporters on angles to stories as they develop and packaged features.
The ideal candidate must have a proven experience as an Assignment Editor or relevant role with at least 5 years’ experience in a newsroom and at least 2 as an assignment editor.
- Graduate in Journalism / Mass Communication or related field
- Exceptional editing ability and analytics.
- Forthright, passionate, self-driven, strategic thinker and meticulous.
- Interrogates media law and ethics.
- Organizational and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work odd hours and adapt to a shift rota.
- Team player and ability’
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: