Stratostaff EA Ltd Recruitment 2018 for Safety, Health & Environment Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Stratostaff EA Ltd Recruitment 2018 for Safety. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Stratostaff EA Ltd Recruitment 2018
Stratostaff is a provider of Flexible Staffing Solutions to medium size firms, multinationals and government throughout East Africa. By offering full human resource life cycle solutions. Stratostaff contributes better talent selection, improved staff productivity and employment risk management for our clients. Stratostaff is seeking to bring on board a Safety, Health & Environment Officer.
Overall Purpose of the role:
The Safety, Health & Environmental Officer will be responsible of ensuring the security and safety of all SEA staff, assets, operations and reputation within its client sites in various locations of the country. He\she will develop effective security/safety protocols and ensure the measures are implemented and adhered to by all SEA staff at all times.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
Safety, Health & Environment Officer Job Responsibilities
- Participate in checking the quality of PPE and other related safety items;
- Follow up on the implementation and effectiveness of corrective and preventive actions;
- Help to coordinate occupational health and safety related surveys e.g. noise, lighting, exposure to chemical substances and follow up associated recommendations;
- Induction of visitors and workers on QHSE procedures and policies;
- Advise the Management team on the potential risks to the SEA staff, assets, operations and reputation based on the analysis of the security environment;
- Develop/update relevant safety protocols for all internal and outsourced staff and assess their effectiveness;
- Ensure all incidents (including near misses) are reported timely in the security management information platform;
- Ensure critical incident management systems are in place and updated when / where required and that all staff are trained on how to react in case of emergency;
- Ensure systematic capacity building of the health and safety representatives;
- Advise the Management team on the implication in case of non-compliance to OSH Act 2007;
- Participate in the weekly meetings, providing input on safety/health-related issues;
- Liaise with other departments and onsite teams to ensure compliance with the respective standard operating procedures;
- Be available to respond to any workplace health and safety incidents at all times;
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental management;
- Maintain relevant HSE logs and documentation as well as prepare applicable HSE reports as necessary.
- Participate in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis and advise the management on any changes that need to be made;
- Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors;
- Assist in the development and presentation of relevant HSE training;
- Conduct periodic safety audits i.e. at least one in every 12-month period;
- Report all workplace related accidents to the DOSH office and work hand in hand with the HR representatives to ensure the compensation process is complete and that reporting of accidents is done in a timely manner.
Qualifications for the Safety, Health & Environment Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or any a related field.
- At least 2-3 years’ relevant job experience i.e. SHE capacity preferably in a manufacturing/logistics set up.
- Professional qualification in EHS.
- Practical experience in Kenyan EHS regulations and the use of formal EHS risk assessments.
- Taking initiative and work with minimum supervision
- Organization and Planning
- HSE Training is desirable
- Ability to work independently
- Organized, rigorous and precise. Must also have good reporting skills
- Recognizes and resolves problems quickly and efficiently
- Ability to effectively communicate and deal with clients & team members
- Able to work days, evenings and weekends
How to Apply
Stratostaff is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: