Standard Media Job Vacancy 2018 for Transmission Technician, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Standard Media Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Standard Media Job Vacancy 2018
This role is responsible for maintaining 100% signal clarity for Radio and TV signals. Maintenance and day to day running of all TV and Radio transmitting stations assigned.
Transmission Technician Job Responsibilities
- Maximizing signal clarity for Radio and TV signals and assuring customer service for a 24 hour turnaround time;
- Carrying out routine and curative maintenance, servicing and repairing TV and Radio transmitters, Generators, microwave and satellite link systems with associated support accessories in various stations as scheduled or when failures occur;
- Recommend and carry out routine maintenance of transmission premises in collaboration with Facilities Manager and Supervisor, Transmission.
- Monitoring the power generators to ensure adequate fuel and oil supplies for flawless transmission 24 hours daily.
- Providing the studio with satellite feeds by setting up satellite receiving equipment, tracking the desired space satellite and configuring the receiving decoders as and when required;
- Analyzing meter readings, collecting and compiling data for analysis with the supervisor daily, monthly or as when required
- Advising on technical matters, installing off-air TV and radio antennae as requested for improved viewership and listenership
- Compiling station spare parts, identifying and implementing alternative ways of meeting requirements to cover equipment failures with minimum loss of service, in liaison with Manager- Transmission.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: